Anyone know the 2015 Fanfest date ? (January 31)

FR500

I'm getting antsy already.... has this date been announced yet?

Also, what are the important winter meetings dates again?

Go Os.

No idea on FanFest yet (though you can figure late January/early February). Here are all the other dates that matter:

-October 25, 26, 28 or 29: World Series ends

-Day after WS ends: Eligible players officially become free agents

-5th day after WS ends: Last day to make QO to eligible free agents

-6th day after WS ends: Free agents may begin signing with new clubs

-12th day after WS ends: Last day for players with QO to accept

-November 20: All players to be protected from Rule 5 draft must be added to roster

-December 8-11: Winter Meetings in San Diego, CA

-December 11: Rule 5 Draft

-February 18: Pitchers and catcher report

-February 19: 1st workout for P&C

-February 23: Position players report

-February 24: 1st full squad workout

Isn't there a deadline somewhere in there for tendering contracts to players under your control? I remember in 2012 we had until XX date to tender a contract to Mark Reynolds, after which he became a FA. I think Chris Davis and others fall into that same boat this year. Am I recalling correctly? And if so, when is that?

Isn't there a deadline somewhere in there for tendering contracts to players under your control? I remember in 2012 we had until XX date to tender a contract to Mark Reynolds, after which he became a FA. I think Chris Davis and others fall into that same boat this year. Am I recalling correctly? And if so, when is that?

There is a date, and I'm not sure when that is, but it is usually right around or right before the WM. Remember we traded Jim Johnson last year on 12/6, which was the last day before we would have had to tender him a contract for 2014.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived