Dan Connolly is going to be on the Viviano show shortly...

Black & Orange

Oh thats right, The O's dont like it when their players speak to the media. Or speak at all.

I think this is one of the strangest series of posts you've ever made on this board. I can't tell if this is the same person, you woke up feeling ornery, or you have some personal anger towards Angelos that you feel like venting today.

Adam Jones lives in Arizona and there's no reason to have a gigantic press conference for Jones. He has absolutely no reason to be in Baltimore. What is he going to do, live in a hotel? - that's the most uncomfortable thing to do without one's own belongings. There is a reason to have a press conference for Bedard in Seattle, but he's the big name. Second, for all we know, Jones hasn't been flying as much as you claimed on Friday. Jones has made one trip to Baltimore. If he were here on Friday, then, yes, that would make 2 round trips. Honestly, I can't even take your info with a grain of salt today. It seems like you're picking fights with Angelos, and yet, this is not the place to do it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this is one of the strangest series of posts you've ever made on this board. I can't tell if this is the same person, you woke up feeling ornery, or you have some personal anger towards Angelos that you feel like venting today.

Adam Jones lives in Arizona and there's no reason to have a gigantic press conference for Jones. He has absolutely no reason to be in Baltimore. What is he going to do, live in a hotel? - that's the most uncomfortable thing to do without one's own belongings. There is a reason to have a press conference for Bedard in Seattle, but he's the big name. Second, for all we know, Jones hasn't been flying as much as you claimed on Friday. Jones has made one trip to Baltimore. If he were here on Friday, then, yes, that would make 2 round trips. Honestly, I can't even take your info with a grain of salt today. It seems like you're picking fights with Angelos, and yet, this is not the place to do it.

If Belkast is really Angelos, then maybe Peace is Pieper????? :eek::eek:

As I said above, if Peace would liek to refute what I said, let him. He said what he said, and I'm not the only one who heard it. I am on here alot Soprano, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna look through all these threads to find his exact quote.

I said I heard he was going to Seattle. But I never said, Today, tomorrow, Tuesday, or whenever. I heard that he needs to go to Seattle to take his physical and that it would be happening soon.

Honestly, I can't even take your info with a grain of salt today. It seems like you're picking fights with Angelos, and yet, this is not the place to do it.

Not sure if Peace picking a fight with Angelos. We all make comments about the FO every single day. Just because he makes a comment doesn't mean there's any intent behind it. IMO it's simply one of the guys venting their endless frustration...

Which takes place every 5 minutes here...

I said I heard he was going to Seattle. But I never said, Today, tomorrow, Tuesday, or whenever. I heard that he needs to go to Seattle to take his physical and that it would be happening soon.

What about the Jones physical? Did he have it Friday as you reported, or yesterday as the Sun reported?

Connolly also said that he didn't think it was unreasonable to think Bedard and Roberts might return to the Orioles after the 2009 season when they are FAs. Did anyone else hear this?

If the Mariners can't extend Bedard do you really think he would come back?

I think it would be great if he would, it would be at a huge price.

I don't think it would be a good idea to sign Roberts in two years due to age, but I like that .000001 percent chance of Bedard returning.

It was this post right here:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1195950&postcount=154

Now one could either interpret that that as he is taking his physical or he is in Seattle, but it was one of the two, based on that response.

Anyway, he could have received bogus info. I'm guessing it's happening more times than not this offseason. Just look at all the conflicting media reports...

This is what you said on Saturday

I wonder if Bedard is even out in Seattle yet...

I presume that's where he's going to take his physical.

Im hearing he is

Dipper -that took less than five minutes to find, searching for posts by Peace. :rolleyes: It appears you added more to "what he said" than what he actually said.

ETA: It was easy enough for two other posters to find the same quote.

Dipper -that took less than five minutes to find, searching for posts by Peace. :rolleyes: It appears you added more to "what he said" than what he actually said.

Well to be fair, I think most people interpreted that comment as he is taking his physical, instead of he is in Seattle. Peace didn't add the "taking his physical" to the "he is," but I think it was assumed.

Ah but we know what happens when we assume...

I apologize if what I said over the weekend seemed definate. Apparently it wasnt. Since it looks like Bedard isnt in Seattle at the present time. Thats what Iev got. If the other insiders say otherwise, than my bad. Maybe my guy is being fed false info.

Man Soprano, I didn't want to do this, but here you and Peace go...

Posted By Peace21 on 2/2/08 at 11:00am...

Jones was in town yesterday getting a physical

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58584

Posted By Peace21 on 2/2/2008 at 10:45 PM...

Yes he has, and passed.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58584

So, I think that makes it OBVIOUS what he said Soprano! Why he is trying to deny it now is beyond me! I have a meeting now. Be back later!

Not sure if Peace picking a fight with Angelos. We all make comments about the FO every single day. Just because he makes a comment doesn't mean there's any intent behind it. IMO it's simply one of the guys venting their endless frustration...

Which takes place every 5 minutes here...

My point is that Peace's posts today seem to have an agenda, and that agenda seems motivated by a personal anger with Angelos. Agendas put information into a different context and need to be perceived as such so that they may be understood properly.

Oh thats right, The O's dont like it when their players speak to the media. Or speak at all.

I guess it depends on the circumstances. They didn't appreciate some of the comments made by Tejada and Mora over the last couple of years. But on the flip side, Trembley dressed down Bedard last season for not being more communicative with the press. Just a bi-polar organization.

Archived