Caleb Joseph on Royals last night.

Greg

I have no problem with what Caleb said. The Royals had a lot of attitude in their series against us. They clearly rubbed the O's the wrong way. If you don't respect your opponents, then why should they respect you?

Besides, let's be real, that was an incredibly tame line from Caleb. Dyson's remarks were far more disrespectful. The Royals DID come back down to earth, I think everyone saw that.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please dude.

Please.

Had the Royals showed one shred of class or dignity in victory, I might agree. But they didn't. They were a classless bunch of lucky blowhards. And it's not at all surprising that they got clobbered in game 1.

Good for Caleb.

Wow dude.

Seriously.

It's a bunch of 20 and 30 year olds playing a kids game, god forbid they have a little fun when they get a chance. Fans take the game too seriously. I guarantee you if you ask any of the O's, they couldn't have cared less about what Dyson said or what shirt Guts was wearing.

Wow dude.

Seriously.

It's a bunch of 20 and 30 year olds playing a kids game, god forbid they have a little fun when they get a chance. Fans take the game too seriously. I guarantee you if you ask any of the O's, they couldn't have cared less about what Dyson said or what shirt Guts was wearing.

Really????? Guess Roch was writing fiction.

I'm sure he was talking about the Royals BABIP.

Serves them right. Love that he's emotionally invested. Sour grapes? Probably a little. But the Royals get what they deserve. Not exactly the classiest bunch. They beat the O's..what...by 5 or 6 runs over 4 games? A broken bat 3 run hit by Gordon? A broken bat crap hit by Hosmer that scores 2? Scoring 2 runs on balls that never left the infield? By my count 7 runs.

It's one thing to not like to lose (which almost all professional athletes hate) but it's another thing to take a shot at the team that beat you as if they weren't that good and got lucky. Just reeks of sour grapes. Also it would be stupid for a fringe player to publicly root against any team. Don't want to burn a bridge with a future employer.

I think that you are reading too much into his tweet.

Really? If Joseph can help the Royals down the road, his "welcome back to earth" tweet will most likely elicit a chuckle.

Please dude.

Please.

Had the Royals showed one shred of class or dignity in victory, I might agree. But they didn't. They were a classless bunch of lucky blowhards. And it's not at all surprising that they got clobbered in game 1.

Good for Caleb.

I could not agree with you more.

Haven't read every post in this thread yet, but here is my take....

The Royals acted without class as has been documented, and they did this DURING the series with the O's. Whether it was calculated gamesmanship or not is not the question - with games as close as they were, and KC getting the rub of the green the way they were there was no place for them to be trying to trash-talk the O's in the way they did.

It's over now, and Caleb is sitting at home as a baseball fan like the rest of us. I don't see a problem with him firing out a shot indicating that their chickens may be coming home to roost as it were. Now it's done and dusted I wouldn't see any problem with any Oriole coming out and saying that the Royals ticked them off, personally. Nothing to do with class - and nothing to do with in-series behaviour (of which the O's were faultless).

I am really looking forward to the Royals being completely spanked in the WS. If not for the classless behaviour, for the lack of post-game mentions the O's received from their manager, team, owner, GM etc.

It may just be frustration that Caleb is getting across, but for me it is definitely sour grapes. Go Giants!

Haven't read every post in this thread yet, but here is my take....

The Royals acted without class as has been documented, and they did this DURING the series with the O's. Whether it was calculated gamesmanship or not is not the question - with games as close as they were, and KC getting the rub of the green the way they were there was no place for them to be trying to trash-talk the O's in the way they did.

It's over now, and Caleb is sitting at home as a baseball fan like the rest of us. I don't see a problem with him firing out a shot indicating that their chickens may be coming home to roost as it were. Now it's done and dusted I wouldn't see any problem with any Oriole coming out and saying that the Royals ticked them off, personally. Nothing to do with class - and nothing to do with in-series behaviour (of which the O's were faultless).

I am really looking forward to the Royals being completely spanked in the WS. If not for the classless behaviour, for the lack of post-game mentions the O's received from their manager, team, owner, GM etc.

It may just be frustration that Caleb is getting across, but for me it is definitely sour grapes. Go Giants!

Welcome back to earth is a good way to put it all when a team of average talent has played way over their heads for two weeks and slew three superior teams.

I'm sure he was talking about the Royals BABIP.

Serves them right. Love that he's emotionally invested. Sour grapes? Probably a little. But the Royals get what they deserve. Not exactly the classiest bunch. They beat the O's..what...by 5 or 6 runs over 4 games? A broken bat 3 run hit by Gordon? A broken bat crap hit by Hosmer that scores 2? Scoring 2 runs on balls that never left the infield? By my count 7 runs.

Don't forget also in game 3 they scored off of a Chen when we were leading by the following: broken bat bloop, broken bat bloop, walk, weak ground out.

And I'm a 30 year old watching 20 and 30 year olds play a sport. What's your point?

Hosmer is out there doing this shoulder swag move after getting a bloop single to lead off an inning. What the hell kind of MLB player does that? Maybe, you know, have a good season first. And then we'll talk. The guy stinks.

Of course the Orioles cared about what Dyson said. Roch reported as much. Buck was pissed. And they let Guthrie know they didn't appreciate the shirt, too.

Had the Orioles won any games, they surely would not have acted as classless. Dan Duquette was quoted as saying "We promote a different kind of leadership on our team." I mean come on.

No self-respecting Oriole fan should be rooting for the Royals after the insulting show of bush-leaguery that we witnessed for 4 straight games.

Are they talented? Yeah. They have some good players. If they'd acted like the 20 or 30 year olds that they are instead of 15 year olds, I might be on their side here because in theory, their story is a good one. Unfortunately, they were wholly transparent.

I used the words "hopped up" to describe my behavior and was blasted. They behaved like they the Yankees after four more rings. Life has a way of humbling that.

Not only is it "sour grapes", but Joseph dropped an easy out that opened the gates for the Orioles 'nail in the coffin" game. He's no one to talk. Its unprofessional to do that and a bit surprising because Caleb Joseph should thank his lucky stars he even got to play in the big leagues this season.I HATE that we aren't in the world series, but its not like this is Carlton Fisk with a decade or so of experience and quality play that allowed him to "pop off". Shut up, be gracious, and work harder Caleb. YOU ARE FAR FROM A PLAYER THAT SHOULD BE CHIRPING LIKE THAT.

Everyone knows that the Royals were only there because of good fortune. The media narrative for the Cinderella team.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zbQTXFJL8lo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It came crashing down. So sad.

Not only is it "sour grapes", but Joseph dropped an easy out that opened the gates for the Orioles 'nail in the coffin" game. He's no one to talk. Its unprofessional to do that and a bit surprising because Caleb Joseph should thank his lucky stars he even got to play in the big leagues this season.I HATE that we aren't in the world series, but its not like this is Carlton Fisk with a decade or so of experience and quality play that allowed him to "pop off". Shut up, be gracious, and work harder Caleb. YOU ARE FAR FROM A PLAYER THAT SHOULD BE CHIRPING LIKE THAT.

Last time I checked anyone with a twitter account can pop off about anything that they want. Caleb Joseph is in the big leagues because he is an above average defensive catcher. This is a fact despite his error in the playoffs. Further, he's not policing the game like Fisk did. ( Which was BS IMO.) He's simply rooting publicly against the team that knocked the orioles out.

Archived