Caleb Joseph on Royals last night.

Greg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that amazes me about the Giants is they have to guys that were briefly Orioles and both which I thought were major busts in Morse and Ishikaya (thought this guy could never hit a major league curveball ) that have been major factors in their WS run!

One thing that amazes me about the Giants is they have to guys that were briefly Orioles and both which I thought were major busts in Morse and Ishikaya (thought this guy could never hit a major league curveball ) that have been major factors in their WS run!

Remember Huff was a big part of their last run

I find this whole issue including the Royals act in the series to be overblown on both sides, but I've got to comment that I am pretty much always on the other side of the issue with you. You defend Braun and impugn Joseph. And you advocate different rules for different people in a single peer group. Wow. Ok. Completely disagree, but also don't care that much.

He tweeted "welcome back to earth boys". Oh the horror!

I would rep you.

I, like so many posters here, am cheering for the Giants and against the Royals, not because they beat the O's, but the manner in which they played. Because of work obligations, I was only able to watch 2 of the 4 games on TV, and their behavior disgusted me. If the Royals are so great, how come they could barely win a game against the Tigers in the regular season. Dyson is particular deserves a pitch or 2 in the ribs. I'm sure Joseph isn't the only Oriole unhappy w/ the Royals, although I can't see how "welcome back to earth" is a particularly mean-spirited tweet.

I agree w/ the poster that said that at least the Yankees show class, win or lose.

Not only is it "sour grapes", but Joseph dropped an easy out that opened the gates for the Orioles 'nail in the coffin" game. He's no one to talk. Its unprofessional to do that and a bit surprising because Caleb Joseph should thank his lucky stars he even got to play in the big leagues this season.I HATE that we aren't in the world series, but its not like this is Carlton Fisk with a decade or so of experience and quality play that allowed him to "pop off". Shut up, be gracious, and work harder Caleb. YOU ARE FAR FROM A PLAYER THAT SHOULD BE CHIRPING LIKE THAT.

That is nonsense that it was an easy out. But the other thing that smells from the kc attitude is the sense of entitlement they have

that they are special. We have had a lot of bad years too, and we play in the al east. We had it a lot tougher than they do. For

some reason the media seems to equate oriole losing with a rotten ownership and front office. But KC losing is somehow forgiven as

lovable losers. I for one deeply resent that.

Wow dude.

Seriously.

It's a bunch of 20 and 30 year olds playing a kids game, god forbid they have a little fun when they get a chance. Fans take the game too seriously. I guarantee you if you ask any of the O's, they couldn't have cared less about what Dyson said or what shirt Guts was wearing.

I'd put good money on the fact that this is not true. Players are human too. Just because they don't come out a publicly say things about their opponents (well most of them) certainly does not mean they enjoy hearing or seeing someone else rub it in. Trust me, guys take things personal at times.

Not only is it "sour grapes", but Joseph dropped an easy out that opened the gates for the Orioles 'nail in the coffin" game. He's no one to talk. Its unprofessional to do that and a bit surprising because Caleb Joseph should thank his lucky stars he even got to play in the big leagues this season.I HATE that we aren't in the world series, but its not like this is Carlton Fisk with a decade or so of experience and quality play that allowed him to "pop off". Shut up, be gracious, and work harder Caleb. YOU ARE FAR FROM A PLAYER THAT SHOULD BE CHIRPING LIKE THAT.

Sorry Roy, but this is a ridiculous statement. Work harder Caleb? Seriously? Dropped an "easy" out? Maybe catching a low throw, through shadows when trying to apply a tag on a close play at home seems easy to you, but that was not an easy play. Should he had held onto the ball, probably, but at the end of the day, it's not like he dropped a strike or one handed an easy tag and the ball came loose. As for him needing to work harder, no one has worked harder to get into the position he's in right now. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous at best.

Telling him to shut up and work harder is beneath a person of your stature.

Dude made a joke. A pretty on-point one, given how there's not a soul here that'd deny that the Royals have been riding an unfathomable streak of good fortune. Bumgarner reminded them that they are, in fact, mortal. Joseph noted this.

This is not being a bad sport. It's making a simple, accurate observation and having a laugh. He didn't go on a tirade or rip the team.

And I'm a 30 year old watching 20 and 30 year olds play a sport. What's your point?

Hosmer is out there doing this shoulder swag move after getting a bloop single to lead off an inning. What the hell kind of MLB player does that? Maybe, you know, have a good season first. And then we'll talk. The guy stinks.

Of course the Orioles cared about what Dyson said. Roch reported as much. Buck was pissed. And they let Guthrie know they didn't appreciate the shirt, too.

Had the Orioles won any games, they surely would not have acted as classless. Dan Duquette was quoted as saying "We promote a different kind of leadership on our team." I mean come on.

No self-respecting Oriole fan should be rooting for the Royals after the insulting show of bush-leaguery that we witnessed for 4 straight games.

Are they talented? Yeah. They have some good players. If they'd acted like the 20 or 30 year olds that they are instead of 15 year olds, I might be on their side here because in theory, their story is a good one. Unfortunately, they were wholly transparent.

This This This. What a silly comment to condone the Royals' behavior because they are 20-30 year olds playing baseball. Guess what - they know exactly what stage they are on, they know exactly that the Orioles can see what they are doing, and they know that their actions are douch-y. You are taught in middle school and high school ball to act like you've been there before. Can you imagine JJ Hardy or Nick Markakis pounding their chest or wearing a shirt like Guthrie wore? There is a proper way to win, and the Royals didn't show it.

And I hope they lose in 5.

Archived