Who will coach the Rays in 2015?

Diehard_O's_Fan

Do you think a guy like Ron Gardenhire would be interested in coaching the Rays? He is a small market guy and probably would enjoy the beautiful Florida weather? Who do you think will coach the Rays and why?

The weather isn't that nice down here from April to October.

October to April is a lot nicer.

I don't think the Rays are going to bring a retread in.

The weather isn't that nice down here from April to October.

October to April is a lot nicer.

I don't think the Rays are going to bring a retread in.

I don't know how you can call Ron Gardenhire a retread. He is regarded as one of the best managers in baseball. Buck was called a retread by some of you hangout guys and look how well that turned out. The rays will need somebody who is good at working with young players and can lay the law down at times.

I don't know how you can call Ron Gardenhire a retread. He is regarded as one of the best managers in baseball. Buck was called a retread by some of you hangout guys and look how well that turned out. The rays will need somebody who is good at working with young players and can lay the law down at times.

I called him a retread because he isn't a first time manager at the MLB level.

Back in the days before radials you could get some perfectly adequate performance out of retread tires.

Shame, now you just have to throw them away.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't know.

I would ask my friends who are Rays fans but I probably know more about the team then they do.

Not like you need a manager in November.

Ok I checked. Silverman and Maddon started about the same time.

Silverman worked at Goldman Sachs in its Merchant Banking Division, alongside Stuart Sternberg. He assisted in putting together Sternberg's bid to purchase controlling interest in the Rays. Silverman was part of the transition that not only changed the name of the franchise from the Devil Rays to the Ray

I found out that this guys is VP of Communications there.

Rick-Vaughn.jpg

No wonder the difficulties.

Evidently the broad search indicates that he is not what they really want.

Martinez may not end up getting the job, but the broad candidate search should not lead you to that conclusion. They have an opportunity to interview guys from other organizations to get additional intelligence. It's a good opportunity to learn how other organizations operate even if you want to hire internally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived