77 members have voted

1. 1. Cruz or Butler

• Cruz for 3/42
    • Butler for 1/10 + pick from Cruz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cruz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A lot of haters here the guy is a flat out stud pay him.

Hate has nothing to do with it, such an absurd expression. I don't think Cruz will have three more years as good as this past one. Moreover, I think whatever he gets on the market will turn out to be an overpay.

OK one last time here are the career slash lines. Cruz- .268/.328/.829. Butler .295/.359/.808. Assume each takes a 4 year deal. Cruz for age 36,37,38 and 39. Butler for age 29,30,31 and 32.

I am sorry folks, but this is not close. If KC is dumb enough not to pick up BB's option and does not offer a QO, then this guy is the steal of this Free Agent period. And playing half his games in OPACY instead of the K will bounce his OPS quite a bit. If we could add a bat like Billy Butler, I would take the pick for Cruz and let Markakis go.

Why has his OPS dropped 180 points in the last two years? Injury? Bat speed? Conditioning? I would need answers to that before I gave him 4 years.

So you would want to sign him after his 2012 season? When he hit 29 HR's in the Kaufman Kavern? when he slashed .313/.373/.883? Just back up the Brinks truck.

A solid strategy: Wait until guys have career years, and then compete with all of Baseball to sign them. Never sign guys coming off PED suspensions like Cruz even if it is a good deal. Buy High!!! Thats the way to do it.:)

So you would want to sign him after his 2012 season? When he hit 29 HR's in the Kaufman Kavern? when he slashed .313/.373/.883? Just back up the Brinks truck.

A solid strategy: Wait until guys have career years, and then compete with all of Baseball to sign them. Never sign guys coming off PED suspensions like Cruz even if it is a good deal. Buy High!!! Thats the way to do it.:)

I want to know why his performance has dropped off so precipitously.

Oh, and there will be no one year deal for Billy Butler. He will easily get a 4year contract if KC does not put a QO on him.

No he won't. He's a DH only player coming off a down year. Not one team is going to give him a four year deal.

Billy Butler is now a free agent - would Country Breakfast be a good look for the Orioles?

No. I think Delmon Young can give the O's 9 HR and 66 RBI with a .702 OPS. Just bring back Delmon Young for a fraction of Butlers cost. Butler has regressed two straight seasons and I thin will continue to do so. Butler isn't an upgrade.

No. I think Delmon Young can give the O's 9 HR and 66 RBI with a .702 OPS. Just bring back Delmon Young for a fraction of Butlers cost. Butler has regressed two straight seasons and I thin will continue to do so. Butler isn't an upgrade.

Or even Nolan Reimold. He could do that.

Archived