Buck's reputation, that he can't win the big games

Valhalla

People have the right to have whatever opinion they want. But they need to understand that everyone else has the right to not respect that opinion, to consider it wrong or invalid or derived from a flawed basis. Just because you have an opinion and live in a free society doesn't make that opinion valid.

If I tell you the sky is green I'd expect to be called either colorblind or an idiot.

Or a fan of another team impersonating an Orioles fan. Freely. And my opinion of you would lessen. I may even attempt to mock you. As a member of a free society.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was truly embarrassing watching the Orioles this ALCS and this may be where Bucks reputation comes in that he is not a playoff caliber manager. Are we not starting to see it ring true?

He has a reputation of taking teams far then choking. We were a better team than the Giants. Yet got swept.

A lot of the Royals ALCS was in the O's heads that they can't win. While a great playoff manager, like Bochy, is able to keep his players calm despite the other teams luck.

I'm pretty sure that his reputation was that he drove people insane with the micromanaging, not that he couldn't win the big games.

People have the right to have whatever opinion they want. But they need to understand that everyone else has the right to not respect that opinion, to consider it wrong or invalid or derived from a flawed basis. Just because you have an opinion and live in a free society doesn't make that opinion valid.

If I tell you the sky is green I'd expect to be called either colorblind or an idiot.

He has every right to his opinion, and your response to me is condescending IMO.

It was truly embarrassing watching the Orioles this ALCS and this may be where Bucks reputation comes in that he is not a playoff caliber manager. Are we not starting to see it ring true?

He has a reputation of taking teams far then choking. We were a better team than the Giants. Yet got swept.

A lot of the Royals ALCS was in the O's heads that they can't win. While a great playoff manager, like Bochy, is able to keep his players calm despite the other teams luck.

Earl Weaver managed the Orioles for 17 years. He won the World Series once. That means he won the World Series about 6% of the years he managed in the majors. According to you his life was a failure because he didn't win the World Series more often.

Earl Weaver is in the Hall of Fame.

Clearly you don't understand how to evaluate a baseball manager.

I can't believe this has made 5 pages. The OP is complete and utter nonsense. Of course everyone has a right to their opinion and I don't care if the poster is a fan of the Orioles or not. His opinion is simply wrong. It may well prove true that once again, Buck will have to leave before the O's win a WS, but that has nothing at all up to this point of Buck managing in big games.

Of course that is only my opinion. :cool:

Both have a right to their opinion. However, one is based in fact and one in fallacy. Guess which one.

You have a right to this opinion as well.

For the record, I never defended the OP's position, from the quote that was commented on, I clearly stated that I did not understand his position as a supposed Orioles fan.

Have a nice night.

I can't believe this has made 5 pages. The OP is complete and utter nonsense. Of course everyone has a right to their opinion and I don't care if the poster is a fan of the Orioles or not. His opinion is simply wrong. It may well prove true that once again, Buck will have to leave before the O's win a WS, but that has nothing at all up to this point of Buck managing in big games.

Of course that is only my opinion. :cool:

I was simply indicating that as a non Orioles fan, his interest may be agita among the loyal.

Archived