Orioles Discussing Four-Year Deal With Nick Markakis (Signs w/ATL)

Greg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone seen anything different than that? Or seen Dan Duquette not get what he really wants?
Well according to JD, DD had a deal with Nick, and the son's are sitting on it. Sounds like so far he isn't getting what he wants, unless he was counting on the sons to drag their feet.

I'm not sure Dan is all about Markakis, either. He might be inclined to recommend his signing because he wants to give Buck his clubhouse dynamic. That, and the replacement options aren't overwhelming in RF.

Also, Jim Duquette on XM is Jim Duquette on XM.

He is a better source on DD, than any we have here.

He is a better source on DD, than any we have here.

With all due respect, the fact that Jim is Dan's cousin didn't help him scoop anything last year. In fact, he is wrong about "what Dan is doing" a whole lot more than he is right.

Also, I highly, HIGHLY doubt that Nick and Dan came to an agreement and that the Angelos boys are dragging their feet on it. Not doubting what you heard, I'm doubting that story. It would make zero sense. A) we are all pretty faily certain that Nick is an Angelos favorite, and 2) if Nick came to an agreement, I doubt that he would get mad and start shopping that agreement just because it was not yet signed.

The facts of that story do not make sense from any viewpoint.

With all due respect, the fact that Jim is Dan's cousin didn't help him scoop anything last year. In fact, he is wrong about "what Dan is doing" a whole lot more than he is right.

Also, I highly, HIGHLY doubt that Nick and Dan came to an agreement and that the Angelos boys are dragging their feet on it. Not doubting what you heard, I'm doubting that story. It would make zero sense. A) we are all pretty faily certain that Nick is an Angelos favorite, and 2) if Nick came to an agreement, I doubt that he would get mad and start shopping that agreement just because it was not yet signed.

The facts of that story do not make sense from any viewpoint.

Makes a lot of sense to me. The sons are taking up the reigns of the team and PA might well love Nick, but the boys don't necessarily feel the same. They may be protecting the old man from himself. DD may be luke warm on Nick but I doubt that Buck is, and it is important that Buck gets what he wants. So there could very well be a log jam. BTW, care to give some examples about how often Jim is wrong about what Dan is doing a lot more than he is right or should I just take your word for it?

Makes a lot of sense to me. The sons are taking up the reigns of the team and PA might well love Nick, but the boys don't necessarily feel the same. They may be protecting the old man from himself. DD may be luke warm on Nick but I doubt that Buck is, and it is important that Buck gets what he wants. So there could very well be a log jam. BTW, care to give some examples about how often Jim is wrong about what Dan is doing a lot more than he is right or should I just take your word for it?

I don't have the time, energy, or desire to do the research. I just know that last offseason, every time someone posted Jim Doquette says Orioles gonna do this, it never happened.

But since I don't care to fight, I'll wave the flag and say you win, the contract is most definitely sitting on the Angelos' desks.

How about you give examples when Jim has the scoop and then you two compare notes? I'm trying to remember the last time Jim had one, so maybe you have your work cut out for you.

Peter may be letting the boys play executive but I'll believe it when I see it that he doesn't retain the last word . That's the way it was when Dan was hired.

I don't have the time, energy, or desire to do the research. I just know that last offseason, every time someone posted Jim Doquette says Orioles gonna do this, it never happened.

But since I don't care to fight, I'll wave the flag and say you win, the contract is most definitely sitting on the Angelos' desks.

There's your problem I don't think that Doquette guy knows anything either.

How about you give examples when Jim has the scoop and then you two compare notes? I'm trying to remember the last time Jim had one, so maybe you have your work cut out for you.

Peter may be letting the boys play executive but I'll believe it when I see it that he doesn't retain the last word . That's the way it was when Dan was hired.

Maybe but perhaps your memory isn't the best, or maybe you just care to remember what you want to remember. I get the sense that PA isn't as actively involved in things as he was when he hired DD and that the sons are taking a more active role..

Maybe but perhaps your memory isn't the best, or maybe you just care to remember what you want to remember. I get the sense that PA isn't as actively involved in things as he was when he hired DD and that the sons are taking a more active role..

No examples of a Jim Duquette scoop from you then?

No examples of a Jim Duquette scoop from you then?

I'm not the one who claimed he was always wrong. Nor was I the one who claimed he was right. If some one wants to claim that then they should be the ones to back up the claim. I merely reported what he said and thought that it makes more sense that the ownership level was balking than that Nick was holding out for more than the 4/40 neighbor hood, that Connolly as well as JD cited.

Archived