Nick Markakis wins Gold Glove

Greg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Totaly agree. Markakis and Gordon are similar. Markakis has the edge due to his arm. Jones is atleast as good as Cain. So I don't think it's laughable at all the Orioles have more OF GG then the Royals.

Which is why Jones didn't finish in the top ten in the fielding bible award. (Cain won the multi-positional award)

Nick finished 9th in RF but was behind a whole slew of NL guys.

Gordon won in left (unanimously).

Which is why Jones didn't finish in the top ten in the fielding bible award. (Cain won the multi-positional award)

Nick finished 9th in RF but was behind a whole slew of NL guys.

Gordon won in left (unanimously).

Who cares. The guys that hand out the GG thought otherwise. Thats the bottom line.

With this kind of well supported logic, I'm not sure how any of us could argue otherwise.

I could link to defensive metrics that overwhelmingly support my position and while I know they arent totally reliable I think it is clear enough that I am right. And I think Jones has been greatly improved on defense the last few years.

With this kind of well supported logic, I'm not sure how any of us could argue otherwise.

Cain over the last 3 years is at 37 DRS in center and UZR/150s were 23.2, 23.9, and 18.7.

Jones is at -16, and his rates were -5.5, -7.9, and 8.7.

You may not like the metrics, but you can't ignore differences that large.

Cain over the last 3 years is at 37 DRS in center and UZR/150s were 23.2, 23.9, and 18.7.

Jones is at -16, and his rates were -5.5, -7.9, and 8.7.

You may not like the metrics, but you can't ignore differences that large.

If we are locked into those metric, you have a point. We won't get to see KC back in the playoffs next season to compare his October miracles.

Archived