Does anyone else believe that IF...

millertime

I know that there are a lot of factors to weigh but I thoroughly believed that this past season was the Orioles season to win it all. Obviously that didn't happen. That being said, I think that the O's should do whatever it takes to bring back key players, especially Cruz and Miller (pay them whatever it takes) and then we have Wieters and Machado back and I think that makes us INSTANT World Series contenders. I don't care what the Yankees and Red Sox pay with their ridiculous payrolls, I think that if we can secure Cruz, Miller and Markakis with the additions of Wieters and Machado, we will be extremely tough to beat. I know Cruz is "stating" that he wants many years and Miller will most likely demand closer type money but I say "screw it". 2015 could very well be OUR year to take home the trophy. I have a hard time believing that, after this past season, Angelos is aching for money. Lets do what it takes and watch the O's crush the competition this year. If for whatever reason, we are not in playoff contention half way through the year, THEN we trade Wieters and whoever else it necessary and get back some good prospects in return but we have the foundation to win it all so lets do it!

It's not like the NFL, where they have a salary cap.

The Baltimore Orioles Baseball Club is a business. Even though the league has no imposed salary cap, the Orioles must work within their financial capabilities. Too much payroll would eventually lead to bounced checks ... not a very good thing. Don't think there isn't a "salary cap" ... there is.

The Baltimore Orioles Baseball Club is a business. Even though the league has no imposed salary cap, the Orioles must work within their financial capabilities. Too much payroll would eventually lead to bounced checks ... not a very good thing. Don't think there isn't a "salary cap" ... there is.
Oh, I agree. Though with 14 losing seasons and attendance falling, there still weren't any bounced checks that I know of. The Os need to work within their baseball capabilities. Even without a salary cap, throwing money at anyone isn't a good way to run a winning franchise.

The Orioles are World Series contenders without Cruz and Miller. I'm not saying don't make improvements. I'm just saying that they don't have to do anything drastic. This is already a very good baseball team.

If you expect guys like Pearce to repeat 2014, Machado to play a full year, and Wieters to come back and be the guy he was prior to TJ. Im not sure of anybof those.

The Orioles are World Series contenders without Cruz and Miller. I'm not saying don't make improvements. I'm just saying that they don't have to do anything drastic. This is already a very good baseball team.

The voice of reason.

In Dan We Trust.

The voice of reason.

In Dan We Trust.

The O's are not WS contenders. They are playoff contenders. If thyY want to win the WS they need to do something. They are not good enough as they stand, without Cruz and Miller. Even if they signed both, they would still need to upgrade.

I know that there are a lot of factors to weigh but I thoroughly believed that this past season was the Orioles season to win it all. Obviously that didn't happen. That being said, I think that the O's should do whatever it takes to bring back key players, especially Cruz and Miller (pay them whatever it takes) and then we have Wieters and Machado back and I think that makes us INSTANT World Series contenders. I don't care what the Yankees and Red Sox pay with their ridiculous payrolls, I think that if we can secure Cruz, Miller and Markakis with the additions of Wieters and Machado, we will be extremely tough to beat. I know Cruz is "stating" that he wants many years and Miller will most likely demand closer type money but I say "screw it". 2015 could very well be OUR year to take home the trophy. I have a hard time believing that, after this past season, Angelos is aching for money. Lets do what it takes and watch the O's crush the competition this year. If for whatever reason, we are not in playoff contention half way through the year, THEN we trade Wieters and whoever else it necessary and get back some good prospects in return but we have the foundation to win it all so lets do it!

Totally agree. They should be trying to build as good of a team as they can for next year, and Cruz and Miller should take us from very good to great. Our lineup without Cruz and our bullpen without Miller just seem very blase to me right now. I'd even let Markakis go if it meant having the money to sign those two.

Totally agree. They should be trying to build as good of a team as they can for next year, and Cruz and Miller should take us from very good to great. Our lineup without Cruz and our bullpen without Miller just seem very blase to me right now. I'd even let Markakis go if it meant having the money to sign those two.

To me Markakis is absolutely the least attractive of those three. We already have De Aza and Pearce in house to play the corners if needed with Lough as the #4. We do need a MO bat and if we can't count on Davis to be that guy then we would need to replace Cruz. (And) where do you find a replacement for what Miller did for us in the 2nd half? I don't think even Dan has an answer for that, which is why he gave up our last year's number 4 prospect for him.

Archived