Boston Globe: Was AROD a PED Distributor? Will Yankees let him Walk?

weams

I'll leave that to the authorities that have the facts in each case and their priorities. If you want to compare MLB's actions with going 35 in a 30 or jaywalking I won't really argue the point though. Not worth caring about.

I don't think the Government cares too much about non-violent white collar crime that doesn't result in widespread financial damage. So yea to them I think it is pretty much a speeding ticket.

Trying to persecute MLB over it would have been a huge waste of resources, given MLB's ability to fight back in the courts.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think the Government cares too much about non-violent white collar crime that doesn't result in widespread financial damage. So yea to them I think it is pretty much a speeding ticket.

Trying to persecute MLB over it would have been a huge waste of resources, given MLB's ability to fight back in the courts.

I don't pretend to know all the legal implications in this case. You are taking quotes from the internet as fact. I think it's possible MLB did cross a legal line and almost certainly an ethical one. I just have a hard time sympathizing with ARod here who had first class representation far and above what any Joe Schmoe would have had in the Corporate world.

As far as MLB being the bully and exploiting players etc., I guess ARod had the resources to fight them if there was an actual case. He certainly threatened to do so, and then caved. In the end I think he come out a lot better than he should have. We'll see where this new stuff goes but I'd guess MLB will have a hard time gaining any traction on it.

2012-2016 CBA: Article XII. Page 49.

http://mlb.mlb.com/pa/pdf/cba_english.pdf

Well it is certainly spelled out in a document that was agreed to by the union before any of these players other than Kevin Millar put a foot on the field. Thanks for giving me a dose of my own medicine. I always tell folks to read that and then return with their arguments. I mean that. Thank you for reminding me.

This is all I can focus on currently. Sometime later I'll probably be able to wrap my head around other repercussions, but for now I want the Yankees to pay.

That is all this is about. MLB is being influenced by the Yankees to help them get out of any remaining contract. This is exactly what is going to happen. AROD will get no more dollars from the Yankees and he will be able to be jettisoned without affecting the Yankees.

That is all this is about. MLB is being influenced by the Yankees to help them get out of any remaining contract. This is exactly what is going to happen. AROD will get no more dollars from the Yankees and he will be able to be jettisoned without affecting the Yankees.

They may try, but I'd say it has a snowball's chance in hell of actually happening.

Hard to tell. The Union certainly doesn't appear to be interested in going to the mat for him. I think it is pretty clear that MLB, the Yankees and the Union all wish he would just go away.

May be, but I don't see any precedent for this coming to fruition and I doubt the Union will want to just give them one. ARod or not.

Saw this yesterday. What absolute BS. Arod already received punishment well above and beyond what a first time offender should under the CBO and now they are these rumors.

With the Union in its current state he has no double jeopardy protection, no due process, and no statue of limitations.

I hate how MLB, well all professional sports really, decide who to be outraged with and who to ignore.

The-Thinker.jpg

Let me think about that one. :)

Why anyone would give a flying bleep about any injustice done by MLB to ARod is beyond me. If someone points out - well, he hasn't hurt anyone, please kick that person in the groin for me.

It isn't the fact that they are doing it to Arod, it is the fact that they are doing it at all.

MLB shouldn't be knowingly performing illegal acts and interfering in criminal investigations no matter who the target is.

I don't care about how MLB treats Rodriguez, but if the Yankees are able to use this to vacate the $61 million they owe him, then I do care, because that's $61 million more they can spend in the next few years. I don't want MLB to bail the Yankees out of a stupid contract. I'd rather Rodriguez have the money than Brian Cashman.

Archived