Justin Upton?

Dark Helmet

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but the idea that DD would give up a significant chunk of his young controllable talent (which realistically is what Atlanta would want) for a guy who has one year left and we have about zero chance of inking an extension with prior to hitting the market is just silly talk. If we had a glut of young talent in the minors then maybe but we most certainly do not.

Upton would be a nice extension candidate as he's entering his age 27 season.

I don't see that happening. If I were Justin Upton, I'm 100% testing free agency, somebody's giving him the better part of a decade for an obscene amount of money.

Why not just wait and sign him as a FA then?

That is my thinking! Him or Heyward would be a great Target worth the money next off season. I hate to bring up race but I think having Adam Jones on the team especially as someone who would be playing side by side with you gives some appeal to both Upton or Heyward to come to Baltimore.

What don't we know about his makeup? Why have two teams been so willing to move on from him when he's young and puts up good numbers?

The Dbacks had some holes they needed to fill and they thought the Braves had those pieces. The Braves went for it and failed to win a World Series in his 2 seasons with them. They know they cant afford both him and Heyward and there team will probably be pretty bad this season so they are just trying to get full value for him while they can. He does come off as having a little bit of an attitude though. Likes to show boat.

What don't we know about his makeup? Why have two teams been so willing to move on from him when he's young and puts up good numbers?

The Diamondbacks traded him because Kevin Towers and Kirk Gibson valued things like "grit" and "that special look in a player's eye" rather than actual on-field performance, so they traded away several decent players for little return. That worked out so well that they went 64-98 last year and they both got fired.

That is my thinking! Him or Heyward would be a great Target worth the money next off season. I hate to bring up race but I think having Adam Jones on the team especially as someone who would be playing side by side with you gives some appeal to both Upton or Heyward to come to Baltimore.

I wouldn't sign either. Heyward is one of the more overrated players IMO. I wouldn't pay FA prices to either.

Also, that's a really weird comment about Jones. I doubt he gives a crap what color the LF is.

Archived