Justin Upton?

Dark Helmet

Well the braves did just get traderaped in the Heyward deal, couldn't hurt to try and pry away upton!

I'm not seeing this. Miller is still under Braves' control through the 2018 season and Heyward was likely to leave after next season. Heyward's numbers were pretty Markakis-like last year. I think this was a nice deal for the Braves myself.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>With ATL trading Heyward, makes sense for them to deal Justin Upton now. Seattle--no longer on his no-trade list--a good fit. (For Walker?)</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">November 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm not seeing this. Miller is still under Braves' control through the 2018 season and Heyward was likely to leave after next season. Heyward's numbers were pretty Markakis-like last year. I think this was a nice deal for the Braves myself.

Offense wise he was similar to Markakis, defensively it's not even close.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>With ATL trading Heyward, makes sense for them to deal Justin Upton now. Seattle--no longer on his no-trade list--a good fit. (For Walker?)</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="
">November 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm not following Olney here. Why would trading Heyward increase the chances of trading Justin Upton? I understand why they were looking to trade a corner outfielder, but having now traded one, it seems to me less likely that they would also trade the other.

I'm not following Olney here. Why would trading Heyward increase the chances of trading Justin Upton? I understand why they were looking to trade a corner outfielder, but having now traded one, it seems to me less likely that they would also trade the other.

My guess would be is that the recent trade is signalling a firesale.

My guess would be is that the recent trade is signalling a firesale.

Yea, the feeling in Atlanta based on recent John Hart comments is that they are aiming for 2017 as the year to have all the pieces in place. The Heyward trade supports that notion. They traded two guys who would have helped them next season but only have three combined years of control left for a young starter with four years control and another starter who is still a ways away from the majors. That is a rebuilding move.

Upton is a FA after this season and could fetch a nice return. I'd be kind of surprised if he's not traded.

If they'd want Walker from Seattle, I'd assume theyd ask us for Bundy, which I would do in a heartbeat.

Nah. Never trade a prospect who has not done a thing in the majors for aa proven talent who can help you win now. Its what losing clubs do. Look at KC, they traded their best two prospects for Shields and it killed them....Oh wait. ;)

Archived