MLBTRADERUMORS- Non-Tender Candidates

weams

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only because you believe a bullpen can be made of AA starters.

Lot more AA starters in bullpens then college relievers.

How's Schlereth's kid doing these days?

I think Hunter's probably compensation level is high for his role and I think the O's bullpen needs to have some slots with options intact, so the shuttle can work properly.

I think Hunter's probably compensation level is high for his role and I think the O's bullpen needs to have some slots with options intact, so the shuttle can work properly.

And I believe his arm has more value to someone than what he might make in arbitration. Especially if Robertson does not go back to the Bronx. Or if the Phillies trade Papelbon. Or if the Tigers want to win a playoff game.

I am not worried about having players with options. The injuries will probably take care of that. The O's are due for some.

And I believe his arm has more value to someone than what he might make in arbitration. Especially if Robertson does not go back to the Bronx. Or if the Phillies trade Papelbon. Or if the Tigers want to win a playoff game.

I'm not declaring that he will be non-tendered, just that I think he qualifies as a candidate.

And I agree, and believe he has a place. Or the roster or in a trade.

I tend to agree that they will likely keep him around.

However I do think that its not to unreasonable to consider him a candidate for being non-tendered

He is scheduled to get around 4 million or so in arbitration if I recall. That is a significant amount for a guy in his role, not out this world high but depending on who else gets non-tendered the potential exists the team could feel they do as good for less or better for the same amount of money or a little more. Far as a trade, prior to the tender deadline I doubt he has much trade value other than perhaps for another teams non-tender candidate or low prospect. His cost financially offsets his value in terms of a trade with an impending open market with multiple options just around the corner.

I tend to agree that they will likely keep him around.

However I do think that its not to unreasonable to consider him a candidate for being non-tendered

He is scheduled to get around 4 million or so in arbitration if I recall. That is a significant amount for a guy in his role, not out this world high but depending on who else gets non-tendered the potential exists the team could feel they do as good for less or better for the same amount of money or a little more. Far as a trade, prior to the tender deadline I doubt he has much trade value other than perhaps for another teams non-tender candidate or low prospect. His cost financially offsets his value in terms of a trade with an impending open market with multiple options just around the corner.

That's true. Joba only made 2.5 million. I'd pay the extra to have Tommy.

They might really need that money to sign Markakis.

Well if Nick and Cruz walk and DD say signs a lower cost option or trades for a lower cost controllable OF then...

Would you non-tender Hunter and Matusz, take that money and some of the money saved above to ink Miller to a 3 year deal?

Unlikely to occur but if somehow Miller ends up back here then Hunter becomes a bit pricey for the role he would fill

Well if Nick and Cruz walk and DD say signs a lower cost option or trades for a lower cost controllable OF then...

Would you non-tender Hunter and Matusz, take that money and some of the money saved above to ink Miller to a 3 year deal?

Unlikely to occur but if somehow Miller ends up back here then Hunter becomes a bit pricey for the role he would fill

I am not interested in signing Miller at the price he will command.

I was however very impressed with how he performed with the Orioles and I greatly enjoyed watching him pitch.

Archived