Offensive drop in production over the last 5, 10, 15 years

wildcard

I don't think this is to blame for his lower power numbers. His K/BB rates last season are within 10% of his career averages. Unless he is compensating in a different way then the rest of the league and eschewing strikeouts in favor of poor contact.

If he is doing that then the hitting coach and him have to have a long talk.

It's that flat bat stuff. And he needs to lift. I think the neck issue made that something he forewent.

I don't think this is to blame for his lower power numbers. His K/BB rates last season are within 10% of his career averages. Unless he is compensating in a different way then the rest of the league and eschewing strikeouts in favor of poor contact.

If he is doing that then the hitting coach and him have to have a long talk.

I think that a larger strike zone does result in lower power numbers, as well as lower on-base numbers.

That was what I said.

The Brady plan.

With Flash.

I never said he was working out with someone that could hold him accountable if he didn't do the work.

I confirmed you were right. But then he had the disc thing in the spring. I bet he curtailed the lifting after that.

There have been a number of pieces written about the topic this year.

Larger strike zone = more strikeouts + less walks = diminished scoring.

Last I checked (I have not seen this season's numbers) batters are producing a pretty solid OPS if they put the ball in play.

Me, I wonder if Britton's success this season was a direct result of the downward expansion in the strikezone.

And his struggle the sudden disappearance of the low strike in the post season ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived