What does VMart signing with the Tigers mean to the O's?

wildcard

I am looking at the Mariners. They wanted VMart from some reports. They want a right handed bat behind Cano. Hanley Ramires? Nelson Cruz? Tomas? or Melky Cabrera? i expect Jack Z to be aggressive. A four year contract will not scare him.

VMart signing means one step closer to the O's knowing where Nelson Cruz signs IMO.

I am looking at the Mariners. They wanted VMart from some reports. They want a right handed bat behind Cano. Hanley Ramirez? Nelson Cruz? Tomas? or Melky Cabrera? i expect Jack Z to be aggressive. A four year contract will not scare him.

VMart 4/68.

VMart signing means one step closer to the O's knowing where Nelson Cruz signs IMO.

I am looking at the Mariners. They wanted VMart from some reports. They want a right handed bat behind Cano. Hanley Ramires? Nelson Cruz? or Melky Cabrera? i expect Jack Z to be aggressive. A four year contract will not scare him.

It means that we need to pitch very carefully to him. He's good. One of the best right now. It means one less place for Nelson Cruz to DH. Seattle? It's a tough place for an aging right hander to hit.

It means when we face them in the playoffs next year, they will once again have the best 3, 4 hitters in baseball.
and 5...

Staying put still doesn't make the team any scarier. Besides, losing Scherzer is going to hurt. They still need to find a dependable bullpen too. And V-Mart's $17 mil salary alone takes the team to a cool $150 mil.

V-Mart sets the market for 30+ DH's coming off of career years. Cruz will get 4/$60M. I can't see the O's going that high but you never know.
Cruz might get that much. He's been a pretty consistent producer.

I can see the Orioels matching the $15M AAV but I don't see them going more than 3 years.

If Cruz is looking for 4-5 years IMO I just don't see the FO shelling out that much cash for DH and would start focusing on other targets.

Nelson had a career year. He also batted 60 points lower than VMart, and 70 points lower in OBP. I could see the O's discussing a 3 year with a team option. Other than NY Yankees, there isn't a more friendly park for Nelson to apply his trade. I doubt he and his agent would look to the NL for obvious reasons, and for that reason I see the Yankees, and even Toronto in play.

Nelson had a career year. He also batted 60 points lower than VMart, and 70 points lower in OBP. I could see the O's discussing a 3 year with a team option. Other than NY Yankees, there isn't a more friendly park for Nelson to apply his trade. I doubt he and his agent would look to the NL for obvious reasons, and for that reason I see the Yankees, and even Toronto in play.

LF in Yankee Stadium is not particularly friendly to RH hitters IMO or as a default fielding position for Cruz. Down the line it's short, but it gets deep quickly, very spacious.

Archived