Who is #10?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #10?

• Tim Berry
    • Brian Gonzalez
    • David Hess
    • Mitch Horacek
    • Mike Wright

Knowing you, you'll probably go outside the box for no. 10. But I'm voting Gonzo anyways.

Well remember, my #10 prospect is usually where I stick those young, inexperienced players with upside. In the past players like Zach Britton (after his Aberdeen season) and Pedro Florimon (hey he made it to the majors) have debuted there. Gonzalez fits that bill but then again, so does Hess! :D Or maybe I'm just throwing you off. ;)

I think that makes you 8 for 10 out of the top ten, right?

Seven for 10. I got the first 6, then got Gonzo at no. 10. I would have had Walker in my top 10 (probably no. 8), but maybe not Yaz, and I wouldn't have included Bridwell, even though I was pleased with the progress he made in 2014.

Bottom line, we have a clear top 3 and after that we're stretching a bit. I am enjoying Davies' success, though.

Seven for 10. I got the first 6, then got Gonzo at no. 10. I would have had Walker in my top 10 (probably no. 8), but maybe not Yaz, and I wouldn't have included Bridwell, even though I was pleased with the progress he made in 2014.

Bottom line, we have a clear top 3 and after that we're stretching a bit. I am enjoying Davies' success, though.

There are some interesting guys in the 11-20 range with a few like Hess, Connaughton, Brault, Tarpley and Wilson that could still end up as starters. We'll have write ups for them next week. After that there are a few high ceiling guys like Peralta and Tanner Scott who are just very raw.

Tony,

In your opinion, what total grade score (A-E) would you give the Orioles based on your top ten list of their best prospects?

I know some OHers think the farm is loaded and some feel it void of any solid prospect and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

To me, the current weakness of the system is a lack of impact position players, which has been a common theme for years. Saying that, the system seems to be pretty stocked with players who should be able to help. I'd probably give the system a "C" or C- grade since I'd like to see a few more upper level impact or regular players/starters. There are several guys in the 11-20 rankings that could be in the top ten next season so that's good. Still, there are too many 5th starter/reliever/4th outfielder types in the top ten.

To me, the current weakness of the system is a lack of impact position players, which has been a common theme for years. Saying that, the system seems to be pretty stocked with players who should be able to help. I'd probably give the system a "C" or C- grade since I'd like to see a few more upper level impact or regular players/starters. There are several guys in the 11-20 rankings that could be in the top ten next season so that's good. Still, there are too many 5th starter/reliever/4th outfielder types in the top ten.

Thanks, clearly they are doing better than they did before Andy's and then DD took over.

I am really hoping the system can produce some players, so when we look at 2016 and beyond with the crew of SP penciled in, they might be a extremely strong contender, hopefully, I am not dreaming too much.

Thankfully, the organization currently has no holes at the top that need filled from below immediately. I really appreciate all the work that went into this top ten analysis.

Archived