O's have offer out for AJ Burnett [Team Disputed This](Signs with Pirates)

fearthenoodle

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles also have offered SP A.J. Burnett a deal, though nothing is close there. Baltimore definitely in market for starting pitching.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">November 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure it's a low ball offer. If he excepted a low offer for personal reasons I wouldn't be too upset. I think SP that could be had on one year deals like Burnett and Masterson would be a good approach if the plan is to trade from the surplus of SP to fill other needs.

Burnett is a great competitor, a guy who knows how to pitch and to teach others how to pitch, and was playing hurt last year. The Orioles should be looking to add depth at the right price and that could be Burnett. That said, I'm not giving him much, but you you will see a lot of worse pitchers get more this winter.

Burnett is a great competitor, a guy who knows how to pitch and to teach others how to pitch, and was playing hurt last year. The Orioles should be looking to add depth at the right price and that could be Burnett. That said, I'm not giving him much, but you you will see a lot of worse pitchers get more this winter.

I don't think he would sign for "depth" money.

Archived