Roch: Do the O's keep De Aza?

wildcard

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't see how you can compare McLouth's 2 year contract with DeAza on a one year trade.

I am not sure what " with DeAza on a one year trade" means.

I see McLouth and De Aza as similar in some ways. Speed guys that play decent defense in left field. The O's would not spend 2/10m on McLouth. I question whether the O's will want to spend 1/5.9m on De Aza.

I am not sure what " with DeAza on a one year trade" means.

I see McLouth and De Aza as similar in some ways. Speed guys that play decent defense in left field. The O's would not spend 2/10m on McLouth. I question whether the O's will want to spend 1/5.9m on De Aza.

I think Mclouth wasn't all that great. Super weak arm and he would take bad routes to balls from time to time. I would say he is slightly below average.

I think Mclouth wasn't all that great. Super weak arm and he would take bad routes to balls from time to time. I would say he is slightly below average.

I don't know what you were watching, but routes to balls wasn't his problem. Technically, McClouth is a very sound OF with a weak arm.

But that's broken down into July 2011-September 2012: .361. The rest of his MLB career about .315.

I took a cursory glance at BB-Ref and it shows a 330 OBP over 7 years. I didn't have time to break it down further but for over 2k PA I'm not sure how many O's currently boast a 330 OBP. I'm working so I can't dig deeper.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

DD said he traded for De Aza because he felt he was the more consistent hitter than Lough. He is a better defender than Markakis, better base runner, and hits for a bit more power. His OBP isn't as good, but neither is anyone else's. If we want to sign Nick why wouldn't we want to keep De Aza. I would platoon De Az in LF with Pearc e.

Archived