Report: Bedard Seattle-Bound

Peace21

Thanks Peace....and an FWIW to everyone....

I was told this evening that the Cubs have a 4 player deal on the table of Gallagher, Murton, Veal and Cedeno for Roberts. Also a signing of Josh Fogg could happen pretty quick.

The part about Fogg is ridiculous. I understand the organization wants to bring in a veteran starter, but Fogg is TERRIBLE.

The only way I see it helps the young guys is to build their confidence, kind of like "hey look we're better than this guy and he pitched in the World Series last year."

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is an excellent return for Roberts. Is it a 4-1 deal or are we including an additional player?

All good news except for the Josh Fogg part...yuck.

Meh to the Fogg news. Saw this coming. We need some guy at the back end of the rotation to eat up some innings. So long as he is cheap and here for 1-year Fogg becomes a necessary evil.

AWESOME deal for Roberts though.

To acquire Patton, Albers, Gallagher, Veal, Tillman and Butler in one offseason would be pretty insane. Combine that with Sherril, Mickolio, and Sarfate and we've got a ton of pitching depth to deal from. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of our pitchers flipped for another positional piece.

Thanks Peace....and an FWIW to everyone....

I was told this evening that the Cubs have a 4 player deal on the table of Gallagher, Murton, Veal and Cedeno for Roberts.

Thanks for the info - sounds like a good deal. Just wondering if the Cubs are giving the O's their choice between Veal and Patterson. Veal might be a slightly better prospect, but I think we've got our fill of pitchers like him, and we need a leadoff hitter - which Patterson could be.

To acquire Patton, Albers, Gallagher, Veal, Tillman and Butler in one offseason would be pretty insane. Combine that with Sherril, Mickolio, and Sarfate and we've got a ton of pitching depth to deal from. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of our pitchers flipped for another positional piece.

We'll have plenty of pitching to flip for pieces for a long run starting in 2009...

Murton has shown he hits better full time and Scott doesn't need to be platooned because he can hit lefties at a decent clip.

What do you think? Muton in Left and Scott at 1B or DH? What then happens with Millar/Huff? I like Scott/Murton in the lineup much more more than Millar/Huff IMO. Was just wondering what you thought.

Thanks for the info - sounds like a good deal. Just wondering if the Cubs are giving the O's their choice between Veal and Patterson. Veal might be a slightly better prospect, but I think we've got our fill of pitchers like him, and we need a leadoff hitter - which Patterson could be.

I think Veal could be a mid to top of the rotation starter. He has good stuff, just had an off year last season. Hopefully he can pull it together, I think he would be the perfect buy low canidate.

I would rather have Patterson than Cedeno, but I don't think the Cubs would do it.

Archived