Report: Bedard Seattle-Bound

Peace21

Thanks Peace....and an FWIW to everyone....

I was told this evening that the Cubs have a 4 player deal on the table of Gallagher, Murton, Veal and Cedeno for Roberts. Also a signing of Josh Fogg could happen pretty quick.

Thanks BB...Two questions for you. First do you like that return for BRob if it does go through? Secondly with our haul of young arms in these three trades do you think we will be flipping some of them in other trades to help fill out the other holes in our lineup?

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told this evening that the Cubs have a 4 player deal on the table of Gallagher, Murton, Veal and Cedeno for Roberts. Also a signing of Josh Fogg could happen pretty quick.

Money!

Thanks BB - as always, keeping the boat moving forward with d-lite.

Murton has shown he hits better full time and Scott doesn't need to be platooned because he can hit lefties at a decent clip.

Agreed, there is no way these two should be platooned. They could end up being 2 of our top three bats next season. Perhaps letting them rotate between LF/DH/1B (if one or both can hack it there) would be a good idea, but they should be in the lineup every day.

I would holler at the Indians and see if they're willing to beat that, but that's a good return. I doubt we get better than that.

The part about Fogg is ridiculous. I understand the organization wants to bring in a veteran starter, but Fogg is TERRIBLE.

The only way I see it helps the young guys is to build their confidence, kind of like "hey look we're better than this guy and he pitched in the World Series last year."

Hahaha. That's one way to look at it.

Really, Fogg is a terrible idea.

Also a signing of Josh Fogg could happen pretty quick.

Fogg isn't an abysmal pitcher, and he has shown the ability to repeatedly throw 160-180 innings a year. I think he'd basically give us the results we've been seeing out of Daniel Cabrera recently, just without the headaches. Or maybe 2007 Steve Trachsel without the high wire act and a strikeout rate that doesn't look like it came from 1895. More-or-less a 5.00 ERA and 6.5 innings a start for 30 couple starts. If you're looking for an utterly generic pitcher Fogg's your man.

:)Thank you Peace and bigbird for the information.:)

IF this Cubs offer is for real, then I am very excited. I was happy about the deal prior to Veal being added on.

I'd love to see all of this go down.

:)Thank you Peace and bigbird for the information.:)

IF this Cubs offer is for real, then I am very excited. I was happy about the deal prior to Veal being added on.

I'd love to see all of this go down.

What I really like about this trade...is Murton. I really think he'll be a good mentor for Weiters once he makes it, both being Ga Tech guys.

...And of course, when he begins to produce big power numbers for us.

Would Fogg sign a AAA contract with the opportunity to make the club out of ST or would he require a ML contract?

I seriously doubt Fogg would accept a minor league deal unless he was really out of other options. He's been in the majors with the exception of a couple rehab stints since 2001. He has a .500 record and almost respectable ERAs over the period. If he'd pitched in Dodger Stadium instead of Coors the last two years he'd probably have already signed a 4/40 deal with somebody.

I'd like to get Murton. I'd like that a lot. But I would think that means Gibbons, Huff, or Millar needs to go. Too many men for too few positions because I doubt any of those guys would be silent and happy sitting the bench several days a week.

Would Fogg sign a AAA contract with the opportunity to make the club out of ST or would he require a ML contract?

I doubt it. A guy who pitches in the World Series is very likely to settle or get a MiLB deal ... even if he got rocked in his only WS start.

in a perfect world this would be.

I'd like to get Murton. I'd like that a lot. But I would think that means Gibbons, Huff, or Millar needs to go. Too many men for too few positions because I doubt any of those guys would be silent and happy sitting the bench several days a week.

Archived