Ubaldo Jimenez drawing 'moderate' interest

Orioles Jim

Are we talking about the 2015 season or the 2016 season? My comments were all on the assumption that we were discussing the 2015 season.

Someone (thought it was you) mentioned holding onto Ubaldo if he was good in 2015 instead of trading him after the season.

So all of my comments were directed toward the 2016 season, following the theoretical quality season from Ubaldo in 2015.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we talking about the 2015 season or the 2016 season? My comments were all on the assumption that we were discussing the 2015 season.

You responded to my comment, in which I said I hope he has a good season this year and then they trade. So, you may have thought you were talking about 2015, but you were actually talking about 2016.

You responded to my comment, in which I said I hope he has a good season this year and then they trade. So, you may have thought you were talking about 2015, but you were actually talking about 2016.
I thought that you were talking about doing a trade sometime during the 2015 season, perhaps in July. As far as the 2016 season, who knows who will be available for trade, if we do want to trade a pitcher. Who knows who will be injured, who will be playing their contract year.

My understanding is that Wei-Yin Chen's contract ends after the 2015 year, that he'll be eligible for FA, and that he has Scott Boras as his agent. Maybe we should trade Chen during the 2015 year. But if he's doing well, then find a way to work with Boras and get him at least a somewhat-reasonable contract for 2016 and the following years.

I think Purke is still working at Walgreens.

No idea what plans the Mariners might have for him. But an extra option can't be a bad thing right?

Did the O's try and get a fifth for Bundy?

Have no idea. A TJ is different than a total shoulder reconstruction though.

Archived