David Price for Sale Now

weams

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't touch either with a ten foot pole. In today's baseball, by the time starters are ready to sign a huge contract, they have very little longevity left. A couple of years ago, the consensus on this board was to sell the farm to obtain Cliff Lee. I say no to trading Norris and Jimenez and I say no to obtaining a big name starter. We have offensive holes to fill, let's get that done.

What the heck is Detroit thinking? I seriously don't understand what's going on with them this off season.

What does it say when his new team- the Tigers- ARE WILLING TO UNLOAD HIM????This is a horse run very hard for a very long time.He has the name and fame but BUYER BEWARE.

I wouldn't touch either with a ten foot pole. In today's baseball, by the time starters are ready to sign a huge contract, they have very little longevity left. A couple of years ago, the consensus on this board was to sell the farm to obtain Cliff Lee. I say no to trading Norris and Jimenez and I say no to obtaining a big name starter. We have offensive holes to fill, let's get that done.
Agree. We have offensive holes, especially if Cruz and/or Markakis go elsewhere. Andrew Miller is likely going elsewhere, so we could use a LH relief artist perhaps. I highly doubt that Price's idea of a dream contract would be to go into the O's bullpen.

What does it say when his new team- the Tigers- ARE WILLING TO UNLOAD HIM????This is a horse run very hard for a very long time.He has the name and fame but BUYER BEWARE.

...and they gave up a promising young pitcher in Smyly too. If they don't get a comparable return for Price that's nothing but a net loss.

...and they gave up a promising young pitcher in Smyly too. If they don't get a comparable return for Price that's nothing but a net loss.

They were all in for last season. And they thought they had Miller as well. Because no way Duquette was giving up Rodriguez.

Archived