Rey Navarro

Greg

So? We traded a guy (Alex Gonzalez) who had been released and signed as a FA (depth move) for him. What do you need to know? Lombo was sent to the minors never to see Baltimore again. Buck, as everyone knows, is all about defense, especially in the infield. Lombo didn't cut it. De Jesus didn't cut it. Yamaico Navarro didn't cut it in 2013. Apparently, Duquette thinks Janish and Rey Navarro might be more to Buck's liking with the glove.

I don't need to know anything. It was my opinion about Lombardozzi. It's about personal preference. Nothing really to dispute.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't need to know anything. It was my opinion about Lombardozzi. It's about personal preference. Nothing really to dispute.

That makes sense.

BTW, I caught this from Buck through Roch.

"Everything is going fine, but my whole planning in the offseason is I plan not to have (Matt) Wieters and not have Machado on opening day," Showalter said. "I think we have a shot at (them being ready), especially with Manny. And keep in mind that Matt hasn't had any setbacks. Usually you have one that puts you back a little. He's working his (butt) off. This is obviously a big year for him. But I plan like they're not going to be ready on opening day or shortly thereafter.

Thankfully you're not running things. Flaherty would still be better than Lombardozzi even if he couldn't play SS and 3rd base (which he can).

There's many here I feel the same about. Personally, I don't want Lombardozzi or Flaherty to see much if any playing time for the Orioles. If some had their way, we'd have the lowest payroll in baseball and be content with a platoon at every position. Be a pretty boring message board if we all shared the same POV. Sometimes I choose to root for a guy other then just on field talent.

After seeing Schoop turn the dp so effectively, none of us will like seeing anyone else attempt it. Least of all Lombardozi.

I like what I saw from Lomb when it came to effort, but I think we can do better just about everywhere.

I like Schoop defensively, but he had more than his share of issues turning the dp at times. Especially transferring the ball from glove to hand. I think he needs to improve some in that area. But overall, its not Schoops glove that concerns me.

I like Schoop defensively, but he had more than his share of issues turning the dp at times. Especially transferring the ball from glove to hand. I think he needs to improve some in that area. But overall, its not Schoops glove that concerns me.

At a very unfortunate time Schoop dropped a ball. Over all his defense was stellar. He is almost redefining the position with his size, quickness, and agility.

At a very unfortunate time Schoop dropped a ball. Over all his defense was stellar. He is almost redefining the position with his size, quickness, and agility.

It happened more then once. As I said, I like Schoop. He seems to rush the transfer at times. Doesn't mean he's bad defensively. I think he will win a few GG in his career.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> reach agreement with INF Rey Navarro on major league deal pending physical. 40-man roster will be at 38. Plus-def at SS</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">November 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> reach agreement with INF Rey Navarro on major league deal pending physical. 40-man roster will be at 38. Plus-def at SS</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

A very good sign. Thanks for the info.

<iframe src='http://www.milb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=34609119&width=400&height=224&property=milb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pejerVoKukY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src='http://www.milb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=27308509&width=400&height=224&property=milb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Rey Navarro

Assuming they take a Rule 5 pick, what's the last spot for? Just to leave space for deals? Why wouldn't they protect one more player?

Assuming they take a Rule 5 pick, what's the last spot for? Just to leave space for deals? Why wouldn't they protect one more player?

Nick. Nick.

Quintin Berry, Steve Lombardozzi, Steve Clevenger, and Pat McCoy can all be removed if we need some room.

Archived