Rey Navarro

Greg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I have said I think Lombo could be non tendered.

With both Flaherty and Navarro in ST, if they do well Schoop might start the season at AAA. All three have options. Schoop is the 2B for the future but he needs to hit.

Sounds like Dan is cutting the cards. Trust, but verify.

This is one of those signings that make you believe that DD and the Orioles truly know what they're doing. I definitely think that Rey Navarro might be a keeper when the Orioles come north from ST. At age 24, he already has 8 pro seasons behind him and made himself into a model ML utility player, much like Ryan Flaherty did. I like these kind of players on the bench, and obviously Buck does, too.

Flaherty is arb eligible this year. He won't get a huge raise, but they might want someone earning the minimum for the utility spot.

Flaherty is projected by MLBTR to sign for 1M. That is not going to get him traded. The real importance of the Navarro signing to me is that the O's now have three players that can play major league defense at 2B - Schoop, Flaherty and Navarro. That allows the O's to send one of them to AAA. That could be Schoop to improve his hitting.

With all three having options the O's can rotate the three players from the minors to the majors whenever they see fit.

Flaherty is projected by MLBTR to sign for 1M. That is not going to get him traded. The real importance of the Navarro signing to me is that the O's now have three players that can play major league defense at 2B - Schoop, Flaherty and Navarro. That allows the O's to send one of them to AAA. That could be Schoop to improve his hitting.

With all three having options the O's can rotate the three players from the minors to the majors whenever they see fit.

That sounds right.

How much did we pay him? It took a while to convince him.

Even a minimum split contract would probably be a big boost to him. He's spent little time at AAA, so he probably hasn't been getting paid a lot. IIRC, he'll earn an annualized salary of $500k for time in the big leagues and $80k (ish) in the minors.

Every other team was offering him a minor league deal.

Archived