Rey Navarro

Greg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> scouts like navarro at second base</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">November 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Additionally, the Orioles have signed INF Rey Navarro to a major league contract.</p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> scouts like navarro at second base</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Additionally, the Orioles have signed INF Rey Navarro to a major league contract.</p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

This makes a lot of sense.

We have Schoop and Flaherty. So when you see that the O's like Navarro at 2B and "this makes a lot of sense", what do you mean exacctly?

We have no real second baseman. Are we assuming that Schoop will be healthy. Of play great? Flaherty appears to still have a leg up on the utility roll. Or First base.

We have Schoop and Flaherty. So when you see that the O's like Navarro at 2B and "this makes a lot of sense", what do you mean exacctly?

I can see the Orioles putting a competition for second out there. I can see the Orioles even trading Schoop in the right deal.

Is there a reason to assume he won't be?

Navarro is depth. Is that all you're saying. I think there's a pretty good chance he starts the year as Norfolk's 2B with Janish at SS down there and Ozzie Martinez as the utility guy down there. Pretty sure Schoop starts the year at 2B with Flaherty as the backup IF at this point. Things can always change though. Guessing Derrik Gibson starts at SS at Bowie with Rosa at 2B down there. Just guessing though.

You could very easily be right about everything. I am happier to have the backups in place rather than to have to play extended time with people out of position. I like all the infielder moves so far.

Oh, I like all of the moves as well and, in particular, Navarro. Depth is a good thing. Good depth is even better. Navarro seems like good depth.

I like that if Schoop gets off to a slow start with the bat, they can send him down for three weeks to work on his hitting (and gain another year of team control) and Navarro can fill in.

Archived