You know what's maddening? The sound of crickets.

DrLev

Assume this...by the time regulars report to camp, the Bedard deal is done and Roberts has been traded for Gallagher, Murton, Cedeno and Veal. If that occurs, we will have acquired 14 players, 12 of whom are 25 or younger, in exchange for 3. We will have totally overhauled the OF and added a ton of depth to the pitching corps.

If that happens, the chirping of the crickets will just be background noise.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hank, I don't care what the media says. But, as a fan, I would like to move forward with this thing knowing we have a direction. I know people, especially media, is frustrated with AM but as long as we get what we need to move this franchise forward, I don't care. I guess I am agreeing with your opinion :)

I can promise you that there will be some type of resolution within the next week, because pitchers and catchers will be reporting. (As long as we don't monitor flights from Ottawa to Seattle. If we do that, time will drag by painfully slowly.)

Assume this...by the time regulars report to camp, the Bedard deal is done and Roberts has been traded for Gallagher, Murton, Cedeno and Veal. If that occurs, we will have acquired 14 players, 12 of whom are 25 or younger, in exchange for 3. We will have totally overhauled the OF and added a ton of depth to the pitching corps.

I still believe this will be what eventually happens!!!

That's what I'M talkin' bout.

I can promise you that there will be some type of resolution within the next week, because pitchers and catchers will be reporting. (As long as we don't monitor flights from Ottawa to Seattle. If we do that, time will drag by painfully slowly.)

Ok, it is only my opinion. I know we have been very enthusiastic here on OH due to recent trade and all the talks about Orioles and we want to know every bit of detail on whatever is happening, but if you look at it for a second, we are just sitting on our computers and weighing our opinions and commenting on every bit of detail we could get on Orioles. As a fan I want to be in the middle of it all. Heck, I wish I could be there to see everything with my own eyes and praise any positive step this franchise takes. But, the truth of the matter is, we don't know what these people in the office are going through and what kind of difficulties they have to face to do just one deal. So as a loyal fan, I want to say that we should let alone this thing and see it play out and be patient and then discuss/comment on the steps taken by the FO.

However, in the meantime, I would still like to get some updates (insight) on Orioles :D .

I agree.. If someone told me at the end of last season, that by the time spring training started that Roberts, Tejada, and Bedard were traded for 14 players, I would be happy and would not give a crap how long it took.

In this case, the ends does justify the means. (Did I say that in the right context?) :)

Yeh, the funniest part about these threads (and there are a lot of funny parts) is that most of the Orioles fan base is probably hoping the Bedard trade doesn't happen. They don't follow the minors so they only hear BIG NAME for 5 little names. When the trade is announced, the hows and whys won't matter for these guys. They will simply be upset that Bedard is gone.

The clueless faction is upset that Bedard is gone. The clued in faction is upset because it took two weeks too long. The FO truly can't win.

Actually the FO can win if the PR department actually does it's job correctly. And what is their job? I think it is to give as many Orioles fans, as possible, a reason to love the O's and they do a poor job IMO. By the way, I am not bothered by how this deal has been handled but it appears there are fans that are, and as long as that is true it benefits the organization to address those fans. I don't see how it could hurt.

Archived