Orioles Signed Paul Janish, Terry Doyle, Quincy Latimore (Old Article)

weams

Janish is a better defender than DeJesus. DeJesus did primarily play SS for Norfolk last year, but he's more of a 2B. From 2010-2013, he only played a total of 53 games at SS in the minors, and in his two cups of coffee in the majors, he only played 2 innings at SS.

Janish is elite.

• 1 year later...
Latimore may be nothing more than an up down guy at best, but if they catch him on a hot streak and have a need, I can see him being a decent option for a few weeks off the bench.

I was wondering about that. He got hot at the end of the year last year. Career high .844 OPS at Bowie but it took him five years at AA to hit that.

Latimore may be nothing more than an up down guy at best, but if they catch him on a hot streak and have a need, I can see him being a decent option for a few weeks off the bench.

Is he under contract? I think that's last year's news.

Anyway, if I'm Latimore, coming up on age 27 after a big year at AA, I'm taking steroids and HGH for a shot at the bigs. I'm sure he'll end up somewhere, if not with the O's.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Anyway, if I'm Latimore, coming up on age 27 after a big year at AA, I'm taking steroids and HGH for a shot at the bigs. I'm sure he'll end up somewhere, if not with the O's.

Good catch. It appears that Doyle is though.

@TerryDoyle32

Living the dream, trying to make a living playing a kids game... Minor League pitcher in the Baltimore Orioles organization

And Latimore is wearing a Bowie jersey on his.

Lots of depth in the upper minors.

1B: Walker/Mancini

2B: Tolleson

SS: Janish

3B: Tolleson

C: Pena

OF: Alvarez, Urrutia, X. Avery

SP: Wilson, Wright, C.Jones

RP: Drake, Macfarland, Rifenhauser, Garcia, Beato.

Great depth for the upcoming season. Just need another 1-2 vet and/or reclamation project SP types.

Archived