What about Josh Reddick for RF?

Greg

Athletics Fielding Calls On Left-Handed Hitters

By Charlie Wilmoth [November 23, 2014 at 9:47pm CST]

After acquiring lefty first baseman Ike Davis from the Pirates, the Athletics are fielding calls on lefties Brandon Moss, Josh Reddick and John Jaso, Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports. The Blue Jays have reportedly asked the A's about the now-healthy Jaso, with the Athletics showing interest in lefty starter Sean Nolin. (The Jays already have Dioner Navarro and Josh Thole to back up Russell Martin at catcher, although Navarro hopes to be traded.) The Athletics also have keen interest in finding a shortstop, given the likely departure of Jed Lowrie to free agency.

Seen in this context, the Athletics acquisition of Davis, who cost them only the rights to $270K in international spending, might mostly be an insurance policy in case they trade someone else. If the Athletics don?t deal another player, Slusser writes, they could non-tender Davis. Reddick (who boasts an above-average bat and a good corner outfield glove) and Moss (who?s a liability defensively but who has had three straight seasons of over 20 home runs) would appear to have significant trade value.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/11/athletics-fielding-calls-on-left-handed-hitters.html

Reddick is a very good player. I would absolutely take him, but I suspect the As are looking for 2B and SS in return. They only have Sograd and Punto there right now after trading Addison Russell and Jed Lowrie becoming a free agent.

We don't have much 2B, SS depth. I mean I'd give them Flaherty but that's not going to get Josh Reddick.

It'd make sense - after they acquired Butler and Ike - and they do seem to have a lot of lefty hitters. Speaking of which, Brandon Moss might be more likely - as he'd cost less - being older and on a downward trend - but still a very useful player.

Hey, I like Reddick. Any indication that Oakland is moving him?

Maybe not him, but they're well stocked in corner OFers, and they literally have 6 1Bman/DH/corner OFers on their roster. Kyle Blanks is a big righty hitter who was once a major prospect, but is now 28 and has never really gotten a full-time shot - and he has a .726 lifetime OPS (105 OPS+) in 862 plate appearances in the majors. I'd rather have him than Young.

Hey, I like Reddick. Any indication that Oakland is moving him?

Yea I would love seeing him in RF. Nice bonus is that he is not FA eligible until 2017

Problem is what do you offer the A's? Like someone said they would likely be looking for a 2B/SS. Now if they were interested in SP......

They are losing Lester, and apparently are shopping Scott Kazmir and Jeff Samardzija (both likely making over $9 mil and FA at the end of the year). They could use a cost controlled pitcher.

Well you don't give that up for Reddick unfortunately.

Would think that Reddick would cost you at least Flaherty and Wright, and that's only if they think Flaherty can hack it as an every day player.

Now that I say that though I have read and heard that power is becoming the new pitching prospect. A 25 home run potential hitter might be the best trade chip in the game.

Archived