O's out on Andrew Miller... darn

MemorialStadKid

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the end of the day, he was always going to close. Maybe he would have closed for us eventually, but it would not have been a guarantee to close from Day 1.

If Britton had not emerged and he was brought in here to close then a case could be made they would go hard after keeping him.

10 million dollar setup man though for a team who does not have the flexibility of the MFY or Red Sox financially is not wise.

I am guessing your dead right. Whomever signs him will do so likely with the idea he will close unless its a team with megabucks to spend like the MFY, Dodgers, Red Sox etc

I did not. But with the way the game is played now a days, where the bullpen, on good days, pitches 3 or 4 innings a game, a case could be made that good bullpens are nearly as valuable as SP. I say pay relievers accordingly. I realize with Hardy ,signed, Nick hopefully to be signed, and Cruz maybe to be signed, Miller was the odd man out. Really to bad.

I would agree, especially on this team with a starting staff that tends to not go deep in games.

Just not a good investment for a team with the O's payroll.

While I agree with this statement. I yearn for the day when statements like this will no longer need to be made about any MLB team.

After what we did to Detroit, I would expect Dombrowski to be at the front of the line for Miller's services.

Archived