Calling it now....

birdcrazy

Aside from some Yankees teams, when does stacking a bunch of big names ever work? The Blue Jay's are repeated examples of that. So were the Angels until this year, and the Dodgers. Most of the teams the win it all anymore are teams that are not stacked with big names, or have top 5 payroll. They are teams like Cards, Giants, and 2012 Red Sox. Teams that have "it" based around a core group of guys.

2012 Red Sox were just lucky. That's all.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have to see who the Orioles end up signing in FA, but our roster still looks better.

Right now we have no starting RF, LF, and DH.

Not sure how it looks better.

Orioles continue to rely on repeat performances instead of making a few moves to better the club. We do have a lot of talent on this team but it would be a shame to see it go to a waste when the other 2-3 teams are going all out each year to win it.

I enjoy winning seasons but I'll take a down year or so if it takes going all out one year to win it all.

Right now we have no starting RF, LF, and DH.

Not sure how it looks better.

Orioles continue to rely on repeat performances instead of making a few moves to better the club. We do have a lot of talent on this team but it would be a shame to see it go to a waste when the other 2-3 teams are going all out each year to win it.

I enjoy winning seasons but I'll take a down year or so if it takes going all out one year to win it all.

I get what you are saying, but I think going all out one year to win it is a poor philosophy. It also makes it that much more likely we have a period like we had before making the playoffs 2 out of three years. I'd like to make the playoffs 70% of the time and take our chances. I think that philosophy makes winning it al more likely.

I get what you are saying, but I think going all out one year to win it is a poor philosophy. It also makes it that much more likely we have a period like we had before making the playoffs 2 out of three years. I'd like to make the playoffs 70% of the time and take our chances. I think that philosophy makes winning it al more likely.

I agree.

Archived