Astros want Robertson or Miller as their closer.

weams

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blown save is a ridiculous stat. Most of them are not by the closer. If a pitcher come in in the 6th inning with a one-run lead a runner on third and no outs and pitches well, but gives up a ground ball out to the second baseman that scores the run - or even if the run scores on an error and is an unearned run - he gets a blown save - even though we all know he would have never pitched all 4 innings for a save. The team that leads the lead in blown saves usually has a weak bullpen in general, and often a weak offense that fails to add to a one-run lead, not necessarily a weak closer.

No your right Chad Qualls is a stud closer for them smfh. Money well spent if they do it.

Spending that much on a closer, especially an oft injured one with not much of a track record in Miller is not exactly the smartest move.

That said, the Astros bullpen was miserable. Compare it to the O's which was a strength. The O's don't have to overpay to upgrade their bullpen. The Astros need to.

Three guys! Wow. Singelton hit .168 and struck out in about half his AB's. At least Schoop played plus defense. Spring could be real good but he has bust potential as well. He's already 25 years old and struck out at an alarming rate. 114 K's in 291 AB's. That suggests some holes in his swing. He could become a really good player or maybe he has some holes in his swing that will be exploited once the book is out on him.

The Cubs have a ton of blue chip prospects who are ML ready or close. That's the team who did it well. The Astros, not so much.

As you know, I laugh at the Astro's organization.

I agree, Weams. I have followed the Astros since they were in the NL. IMO they are building in the right sequence. First with SP and some Defense. Now to correct one of the other two glaring areas, the BP. Then, only the offense would need bolstering up. They could be in playoffs long before some believe.

Archived