TT: Would you pay Joe Orsulak $12 million year?

Tony-OH

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with this analysis is that Orsulak never had to lead off due to the complete lack of others able to do it. If we don't sign Nick, that gives us no-one to lead off. I'm not arguing that Nick was a good leadoff man, I'm simply saying that if we let him go, we have a hole and need a plan.

The problem with this analysis is that Orsulak never had to lead off due to the complete lack of others able to do it. If we don't sign Nick, that gives us no-one to lead off. I'm not arguing that Nick was a good leadoff man, I'm simply saying that if we let him go, we have a hole and need a plan.

Orsulak did bat cleanup for the O's on occasion, despite his .374 slugging percentage.

I still think it makes the most sense that Markakis sign in Baltimore for something like 3/28 with a couple of mutual options years. He is most valuable to the Orioles and Nick has to realize his value on the open market isn't huge.

That being said, I won't be surprised if some team throws 4/45 at him. A bad contract indeed, but history is littered with bad free agent contracts. He should take that offer and dance all the way to the bank.

Archived