Okay so WHO do we spend the money on???

mskrulz

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WHAT??? With a team that just went to the ALCS???

I offer Norris and Bundy for Kemp or Upton. Start there use others already on team to replace Nick.

You're fired. One year of Upton or 4 years of a bloated Kemp contract is not worth any trade with Bundy in it.

Morse is terrible I would rather dumpster dive for players than have him on the team again.

He's an above average hitter who gets on base. Playing DH prevents any negative value.

I know you don't like real analysis, but just saying he's terrible doesn't add anything to the conversation.

Replace Nick with Aoki, but count on him being more expensive given Nick's deal. Not happy with the Braves at the moment about that.

OK with Morse in a DH only role.

Kemp with a slimmed down contract is still intriguing, but I think LA will find a way to hang too much of that contract on somebody, probably for too much of a return in the process.

Trading for Dexter Fowler is also intriguing.

He's an above average hitter who gets on base. Playing DH prevents any negative value.

I know you don't like real analysis, but just saying he's terrible doesn't add anything to the conversation.

When he was with the team he was the worst. I know small sample size but he Playing in the American League should drive his offensive numbers down and he won't provide much offensive WAR being a DH.

He score 48 runs last season and 34 the year before and 53 in 2012. He isn't going to produce much and is a waste of serious money. If he wants a minor league deal than fine but obviously he is not.

I have heard the Rockies are interested in dealing Blackmon and or Cargo. I'd be interested in either. Of course Cargo comes with injury risk. Also Trumbo may be available with the addition to Tomas. Cargo and Blackmon both play corner OF spots. Trumbo can too, and he can also play some first and possibly third.

I have heard the Rockies are interested in dealing Blackmon and or Cargo. I'd be interested in either. Of course Cargo comes with injury risk. Also Trumbo may be available with the addition to Tomas. Cargo and Blackmon both play corner OF spots. Trumbo can too, and he can also play some first and possibly third.

Carlos Gonzalez's stats have been inflated by Coos Field. He's not nearly the hitter when he's on the road. Also, the Rockies aren't willing to give an "injury discount" in a trade for him. We won't be trading for him nor should we.

Just let DD do what he always does, keep arb-eligible players in house, make some low-key signings that pay off, keep a cheap, effective bullpen, and make some good promotions from the farm to keep it all together.

One of the worst players we got last offseason was also the most expensive one. Now we're stuck with him. I don't look forward to saying "just 3 more years of Kemp" or "just 52 more years of Scherzer."

When he was with the team he was the worst. I know small sample size but he Playing in the American League should drive his offensive numbers down and he won't provide much offensive WAR being a DH.

He score 48 runs last season and 34 the year before and 53 in 2012. He isn't going to produce much and is a waste of serious money. If he wants a minor league deal than fine but obviously he is not.

You mean when he had the wrist injury?

Why do you focus on runs scored? He's not a lead off guy. His career 121 OPS+ says all I need to know about his ability to hit.

Also, his offensive WAR wouldn't be affected at all by being a DH. Did you mean overall WAR? Because, he's so poor defensively, he should have an increase in WAR simply by never wearing a glove.

Archived