Okay so WHO do we spend the money on???

mskrulz

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry Most reports had all Oriole arbitration eligible players getting tender. Then When Cruz left we heard Orioles OK with 3 years around 40m. Nick left we heard Orioles good with 4 years 40 or 3 years 33m.

So if you ask me the Orioles got 75m to spend.

I really enjoy you. The payroll will be under 125 million. They made Hardy defer some of his money. Just who do you cheer for?

I really enjoy you. The payroll will be under 125 million. They made Hardy defer some of his money. Just who do you cheer for?

I'm OK with a 125m payroll but i bet it doesn't get to that.

Our old twitter pal incarcerated bob has orioles and mariners with offers out for melky.

He's not a pal. He is an awful liar. And he steals from unsuspecting degenerate gamblers. Leaving their children hungry. Think of the children before you post about him.

Good Lord. You honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sad for you. Do you really not grasp the difference between 2015 dollars and total commitment? I'd guess the Orioles have more than 75M total commitment dollars to spend. Hey, if a player was willing to take 3M per yr yearly for the next30 years, I bet we'd do that in a heartbeat. Problem is that that has next to nothing to do with what we are willing to spend in 2015. I'd guess we've got 10-15M 2015 dollars left.

Like i said before not signing them= 20m to spend in 2015 and 75m total. Nice Job being a you know what.

Good Lord. You honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sad for you. Do you really not grasp the difference between 2015 dollars and total commitment? I'd guess the Orioles have more than 75M total commitment dollars to spend. Hey, if a player was willing to take 3M per yr yearly for the next30 years, I bet we'd do that in a heartbeat. Problem is that that has next to nothing to do with what we are willing to spend in 2015. I'd guess we've got 10-15M 2015 dollars left.
$15M covers the QO to Cruz alone. Add another $10M for Markakis. I doubt it was an either/or situation with the two, nor do I think that was the end of our shopping list. Having said that, I don't think we'll add $25M to the 2015 payroll this offseason. Dan will hold back some cash for midseason moves.

Cruz is old and coming off a career year. He is a below average fielder and will get worse over the course of his contract. Nick needs neck surgery and has slowed down considerably, making his next four years very iffy. Miller is coming off a career year where he missed a week or so due to a toe injury that sidelined him the year before. It's great not to overpay but the bottom line is that if we want to compete, we need to replace those players. We can't do that without taking chances. Aoki, Rasmus, etc won't do it. We need to replace impact players with impact players. We are set in the infield with Manny, Hardy, Schoop and Davis. We are set in cf with Jones. So, we have three positions to look for. LF, RF and DH. Luckily for us, DH seems to be the easiest position to fill. We can use Pierce, Lough, DeAza to fill one of the outfield positions. So, as I look at it, we need two positions. A DH and an OF. This isn't that hard. Where DD will earn his money this off season is to determine the biggest impact at those positions at the lowest price. I don't think you will get impact without taking a chance, it's time to go for it.

My question is, who do we go for?

Like i said before not signing them= 20m to spend in 2015 and 75m total. Nice Job being a you know what.
As we stand right now BBR has us at 115 M after arbitration and adding player to fill out the roster. My guess we have another 10 M to play with.

Archived