TSN's Deveney's Take on Roberts-Cubs

dgroomes

Yeah I'd be fine with losing Pie to add Roberts and Greene.

The Cubs would be much less interested in Peralta than Roberts, and you're asking for a guy that the Cubs won't give up for Roberts, so that three-way doesn't get anywhere.

I'm sure that you would, but how is that gonna happen?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave, do you think Jeff Samardzija's name has ever come up in trade talks? How high are the cubs on him? Do you think he turns out to be a stud? I wonder if the orioles have interest in him? If im the O's i take a risk on some lower ranked prospects such as Huseby, Donaldson, and Ceda. Man im really starting to like Colvin rather have him than Murton, unless Scott of Murton are flipped.

Yeah I'd be fine with losing Pie to add Roberts and Greene.

The Cubs would be much less interested in Peralta than Roberts, and you're asking for a guy that the Cubs won't give up for Roberts, so that three-way doesn't get anywhere.

Why would they be interested in Greene but not Peralta?

Why would they be interested in Greene but not Peralta?

Um, because Greene's much better than Peralta?

Vastly superior defense and an .850 OPS away from Petco, compared to Peralta's .703 away from Jacobs Field.

You're really overrating Peralta lately, IMO.

Um, because Greene's much better than Peralta?

Vastly superior defense and an .850 OPS away from Petco, compared to Peralta's .703 away from Jacobs Field.

You're really overrating Peralta lately, IMO.

Peralta is younger and cheaper. Btw, not sure how i am overrating him...I expect around a 800 OPS and average defense.

And the Cubs seem to value BRob more than Greene, so if that is the case, why not argue they should give up Pie for BRob?

Are you arguing what YOU want or what the CUBS want?

Peralta is younger and cheaper. Btw, not sure how i am overrating him...I expect around a 800 OPS and average defense.

And the Cubs seem to value BRob more than Greene, so if that is the case, why not argue they should give up Pie for BRob?

Not to mention Greene would be unlikely to extend with the Cubs because he wants to play on the East Coast. I think the Cubs could extend Roberts if they win with him, especially because Roberts' offseason home is in Arizona which is where the Cubs have ST.

Look you asked me if I would be okay with Fuld in CF, and my answer is yes, provided two significant upgrades are made: Roberts is the obvious one, and Greene could be the other.

Now if some combination of deals is arranged that lands those two players in Chicago, and Pie winds up in Baltimore, that's fine by me.

Between KG and JP, the money and age is pretty inconsequential. Both are reasonably priced and in their prime years. If that was a primary concern, then I'd just keep Pie, who's obviously youngest and cheapest. I want the guy that's significantly better. That's Greene. Peralta I'm suspect of; certainly more than you are.

Archived