MLB Network's Hot Stove show takes a shot at Orioles.

Greg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
B4BygNXIEAAuZKu.jpg:large

I can't see what you posted since I'm at work, but suffice to say, the MLB Radio show I was listening to from 720am to 8am this morning was about 95% Markakis talk, and they all agreed the Orioles made a wise baseball decision, and that Atlanta overpaid because they wanted a Clubhouse Leader.

So yeah, everyone has opinions, and you know what they say about opinions!

People really hate Reynolds that much? Besides being a little cocky and arrogant, I think he does an outstanding job breaking down what's going on and what players are thinking in certain situations. He also does a great job of picking up on the little nuances that occur all the time but often go unnoticed, such as players signaling to each other or opponents chirping at each other throughout the game, story lines to look for later in games etc.

I do think he is stubborn and likes to declare things in a definite matter rather quickly, and rarely every admitting he is wrong. This does annoy me but overall I think he points out a lot of things that as a fan, and as someone who thinks baseball sometimes needs more explanation to help educate novice fans, I appreciate it.

Out of curiosity, which analysts do people actually like from MLBtv?

Also, the graphic is kinda funny...

People really hate Reynolds that much? Besides being a little cocky and arrogant, I think he does an outstanding job breaking down what's going on and what players are thinking in certain situations. He also does a great job of picking up on the little nuances that occur all the time but often go unnoticed, such as players signaling to each other or opponents chirping at each other throughout the game, story lines to look for later in games etc.

I do think he is stubborn and likes to declare things in a definite matter rather quickly, and rarely every admitting he is wrong. This does annoy me but overall I think he points out a lot of things that as a fan, and as someone who thinks baseball sometimes needs more explanation to help educate novice fans, I appreciate it.

He's right beneath Hawk Harrelson for me in terms of the worst talking heads in baseball. And he might be number 1 because I rarely have to hear Hawk Harrelson.

I like Reynolds (I think he's funny) and most of them, I just don't take them all that seriously since they have a very one sided perspective on things. There is probably no FA signing they don't like. I think they provide good perspective in some things though.

Archived