Dan Duquette, Baseball GrandMaster?

yeoledugger

In the game of chess, one of the most beautiful maneuvers to behold is a chess GrandMaster deliberately sacrifice the loss of a powerful playing piece in order to gain positional advantage, thus leading quickly to a checkmate over your opponent. I feel like Dan has just sacrificed his Queen and Rook, and I am now anxiously waiting for his next move to see if it leads to a checkmate or not.

In the game of chess, one of the most beautiful maneuvers to behold is a chess GrandMaster deliberately sacrifice the loss of a powerful playing piece in order to gain positional advantage, thus leading quickly to a checkmate over your opponent. I feel like Dan has just sacrificed his Queen and Rook, and I am now anxiously waiting for his next move to see if it leads to a checkmate or not.

Perhaps, though when it comes to trades thus far Andy MacPhail has been shown to be the master. That said it's easier to make good trades when you oversee a bad team, trading a desirable veteran to a contending team than when, in Dan's case, you're trading for the veteran player in the hopes of winning the division and making a run in the playoffs.

Archived