Duke@MD 2/11

Pushmonkey

I didn't notice that, yeah, 9 teams getting in is highly unlikely, I would expect at least one team to play their way out of it. It wouldn't take much for MD or GTech to do so.

The ACC tourney is going to be very exciting this year...As good as UNC is and as much better they are than everyone else, i think there are 7-9 teams that can win it this year. It is much more wide open than it has been recently. Usually there has been a few dominant teams and everyone else has little chance of beating them.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ACC tourney is going to be very exciting this year...As good as UNC is and as much better they are than everyone else, i think there are 7-9 teams that can win it this year. It is much more wide open than it has been recently. Usually there has been a few dominant teams and everyone else has little chance of beating them.

Agreed, and theres a good chance that winning or losing a tourney game will be the thing that gets a team in or keeps them out.

Yea, i just saw that actually...I see they have dropped Hansbrough all the way to #24 as well.....Surprising. McRoberts has been better this year than last year but your point about him not taking over games(although he tried tonight) is correct. It seems that he doesn't have that drive right now to be "the man"...Almost as if he prefers to play second fiddle but his pure talent and ability make the scouts drool but his lack of drive right now could hurt him if he doesn't turn it around.

Am I the only one who thinks Psycho T might be back next year? If he's only projected as a low 1st rounder, and he enjoys college ball so much, why would he leave? I am just salivating over the possibility of him returning.

He's probably a better jumper, but otherwise I don't think he's more athletic than Walton, and there's no way he's a better ball handler, not even close. Walton is basically an extra PG for the Lakers. He's obviously bigger and more of a post up guy than Walton though.

Yeah, but his mother is SO much hotter!

Am I the only one who thinks Psycho T might be back next year? If he's only projected as a low 1st rounder, and he enjoys college ball so much, why would he leave? I am just salivating over the possibility of him returning.

I think both Hansbrough and McRoberts could be back. Neither are locks for the lottery at this point. Both should have left last season when they likely would have been lottery selections.

I will tell you what ND...With his stock dropping like it apparently has(surprisingly i might add), that may very well happen.

I think Wright is assured to be leaving after this year and obviously Terry is gone but if Lawson and Ellington plan on staying in school and TH comes back, they could win it next year, with or without Wright.

I will tell you what ND...With his stock dropping like it apparently has(surprisingly i might add), that may very well happen.

I think Wright is assured to be leaving after this year and obviously Terry is gone but if Lawson and Ellington plan on staying in school and TH comes back, they could win it next year, with or without Wright.

I agree that Wright is gone. I honestly think Ellington will stay for one more year. Lawson and Hansbrough are the real question marks.

Although, the thing with Wright is that he is going to be no better than the #3-5 pick this year, certainly behind Oden and Durant. Next year, he might be behind Mayo, but he also might be considered the be the #1 pick. There aren't so many big men who will be in his class (Hawes? Beasley? Love?). So it might be worthwhile for him to hang around another year.

Of course, that's just my rosy view of the Tar Heel world talking...

I agree that Wright is gone. I honestly think Ellington will stay for one more year. Lawson and Hansbrough are the real question marks.

Although, the thing with Wright is that he is going to be no better than the #3-5 pick this year, certainly behind Oden and Durant. Next year, he might be behind Mayo, but he also might be considered the be the #1 pick. There aren't so many big men who will be in his class (Hawes?). So it might be worthwhile for him to hang around another year.

Of course, that's just my rosy view of the Tar Heel world talking...

Anybody who's gonna be a top 5 pick who stays is an idiot unless they come from a family with a whole lot of money.

Enjoy!

Awesome stuff, I too miss that team like woah.

I still remember that Blake steal at the end of the 1st half when Williams looked away. That was just heads up ball playing right there, I remember going nuts, i'm not going to lie.

It's ashame that I didn't realize until the last couple years how lucky I was to have a favorite team like the Terps over that stretch of a couple of years when they were perennial contender's.

Awesome stuff, I too miss that team like woah.

I still remember that Blake steal at the end of the 1st half when Williams looked away. That was just heads up ball playing right there, I remember going nuts, i'm not going to lie.

It's ashame that I didn't realize until the last couple years how lucky I was to have a favorite team like the Terps over that stretch of a couple of years when they were perennial contender's.

I've been lucky enough to have season tickets for 5 seasons before I got to College Park (the Nat'l Championship year was my senior year of HS) so I've been to a solid 9 years worth of games (this is the first year I haven't got to go to games in a decade, its killing me) - when Blake made that layup to end the half Cole Field House was as loud as I've ever heard any sports arena in my life. Every single person in the house was going berserk. I had tickets in the faculty section because my neighbor worked on campus, so I'm surrounded by generally more docile adult members of the crowd and everybody was freaking out. I had never heard my dad yell louder, and I've done things to make him yell really, really loudly.

That was an amazing, amazing game.

One of my fondest memories from that game was screaming at the dook parent section after the game that we had taken over #1 in the ACC standings. They looked like they had seen a ghost.

Then the following Monday, my psych101 professor came in and in front of a group of 500 students put a lamination on the overhead (normally reserved for notes) that read...

Maryland: 87

Duke: 73

Chris Wilcox: 23 points, 11 rebounds

The whole class erupted.

My favorite memory is when drew nicholas hit the last second shot against UNC Wilmington in the first round of the tourney in 2003. Man that was amazing.

I can remember John Goldsberry for UNCW who hit all 8 of his 3 pt attempts (a tourney record). The game was just great all around

Archived