Should the Orioles have given Miller 4/$36M ?

TonySoprano

Should the O's have paid the man?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Should the O's have paid the man?

• Yes, they should have been aggressive.
    • No way, bullpen arms are too unreliable year-to-year

The more I think about this and the fact that NY got him YEAH I say we should have opened the wallet and kept him. Matauz goes and maybe Hunter, but this is one time I would have gambled and opened the purse strings.

We gave away a good pitcher to keep him from Detroit last year?

I might have a few nightmares of him slamming the door shut on us next year. :laughlol:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I voted no but I"m 50/50 on this. For this season, sure but I can't see going 4 years for Miller based on one season where he pitched a career high in appearances. Who know what he's doing 2-3 years from now.

Same here. Thinking logically, it's not a good idea. But, I'd really like to have him in the pen this year.

Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that Miller actually had a bigger offer from another team, but he ultimately opted to sign with the Yankees.
- per Rotoworld - http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/mlb/baseball

Who knows? Maybe the O's were the high bidder, and he chose to take less to go to NYY. On the surface, it seems like he wanted to go to NY unless someone offered him a more ridiculous amount of money.

- per Rotoworld - http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/mlb/baseball

Who knows? Maybe the O's were the high bidder, and he chose to take less to go to NYY. On the surface, it seems like he wanted to go to NY unless someone offered him a more ridiculous amount of money.

It wasn't the O's
The Orioles never were involved in serious talks to keep left-hander Andrew Miller, refusing to get in a bidding war with 22 other teams.
source - Roch

Likely it was Houston.

Archived