Marlon Byrd??

wildcard

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> met with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Phillies?src=hash">#Phillies</a> today to discuss Marlon Byrd.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">December 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What do you guys think it would cost?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2016 38 Philadelphia Phillies *$8,000,000 $8M Vesting Option Option for 2016 vests with 600 PA in 2015 or 550 PA in 2015 and a total of 1100 PA in 2014 and 2015. If the option does not vest, it becomes a team option.

I'm concerned by the 185 strikeouts in 2014. He's never done that before. He is 37. Is this sudden drastic increase in strikeouts last year an indicator that he might be about ready to fall off the cliff? Just sayin'.

Maybe a little Dhing will help him.

I had no clue Byrd is 37 years old. What a weird career. By the age of 30, his single season high for HRs was 10... in his age 35 and 36 seasons he's hit 24 and 25. I'd be OK with him for one year.

And he got suspended for PEDS in 2012 and he continues to associate with Victor Conte. Pass.

I had no clue Byrd is 37 years old. What a weird career. By the age of 30, his single season high for HRs was 10... in his age 35 and 36 seasons he's hit 24 and 25. I'd be OK with him for one year.

I remember him most for when he was nothing more than a journeyman backup OFer for the Nats in his late 20's. I remember being startled to see him a couple years later far more jacked up than he used to be - and a much better player.

Maybe it was no coincidence they talked with the Phillies the same day they met with Delmon Young's agent. A little leverage to get Delmon to take their offer?

Would Byrd and Young even have the same role? If the plan is for Young to be a regular, 2015 is going to be very long.

Would Byrd and Young even have the same role? If the plan is for Young to be a regular, 2015 is going to be very long.

Not the exact same role, but it's unlikely they will acquire two RH hitters. If they trade for Byrd, I think that will mean Young won't be re-signed.

Archived