Auction item to beneift LUNGevity: golf with Palmer and Dempsey

Frobby

Per Roch, in honor of Monica Pence Barlow, MLB is holding an auction to benefit LUNGevity:

The auction begins at 9 p.m. (PT) today and will be live on MLB.com until Thursday, Dec. 11 at 8 p.m. (PT). Following are some of the items supporters can bid on, with a full list here:

* Golf outings with Hall of Famer Jim Palmer and World Series MVP Rick Dempsey or Hall of Famer Jim Rice

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2014/12/day-one-of-the-winter-meetings-1.html

Not a bad auction item!

Wow. I'll admit, I'm a Palmer homer. I'd have so much fun hitting the links with Cakes and Demper.

If I was any good at golf, I'd consider bidding. But I am absolutely the worst golfer I know, of anyone who has played more than 10 rounds of golf in their lives. I wouldn't want to ruin their day by having to endure a round with me.

(At this point, I play maybe once or twice a year and if I can break 120 that's a very good day.)

If I was any good at golf, I'd consider bidding. But I am absolutely the worst golfer I know, of anyone who has played more than 10 rounds of golf in their lives. I wouldn't want to ruin their day by having to endure a round with me.

(At this point, I play maybe once or twice a year and if I can break 120 that's a very good day.)

Sounds like you play like me. :D Look at it this way, if one of them was riding in the cart with you, he would get to see parts of the course he's probably never seen before. :laughlol:

When in doubt, Tin Cup.

tincup.jpg

Archived