Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's had 43 games above A+, I wouldn't pencil him in for 2015.

Could he be someone that moves Jones over to a corner in a few years?

Just judging from raw stats... He looks like a good player and all. But NO power, great OBP, lot of doubles, decent BA nothing special, speed and steals bases like a mo-fo, decent CFer. Very good but nothing special. Only hit high A, AA and AAA THIS year. Albeit at 21 y.o. I want MORE than that for DD and ALL the other FO people he brought in! Ferriera, the economics Dr., etc.

Why legally force DD to stay here if he wants to take this promotion? Who does that help? It certainly does not help the O's organization. So let's figure out compensation.

Let's offer DD a higher position in OUR organization! That's what I'd like to see.

Who do you want? Doesn't matter cause you aren't getting anyone better than Pompey and probably not getting anyone as good as Pompey.

I don't really know. I don't follow prospects so much (except ours.) I'd just rather keep DD. He and his whole entourage is more important than one more good prospect to me.

There is also the fact that Duquette has 4 more years on his deal. No one really knows what Epstein's contract was at the time, but it most likely wasn't locked in for that long. And also the fact that DD would be moving to a division rival instead of a different league entirely.

And this!

... who will take his place?

Internally it doesn't appear we have a viable candidate. Some people might say Brady but does he have the skill set needed for the job? John Stockstill applied for the position a few years ago. Maybe as an interim GM? Some will say Buck but do you want to take him out of the clubhouse. Moving him up seems like it would compound the problem. Who could we get outside of the organization? Is the position more attractive now then it was three years ago?

Absolutely! People have posted "Look how long it took us to hire DD", blah blah blah. We're a definite contending franchise now. People will be lining up for the O's GM job now.

Wait a second you are the guy who always says the Orioles suck. And how they have no chance of winning and are losers. I don't get your attitude about this. This is the guy who has made us a success and now Angelos family has driven him away. You should at least be as angry with team as you usually are.

So much fail...

Archived