Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it possible that all the reports are accurate? Angelos is taking the position, at least publicly, that Duquette"'s contract is binding and he must honor it. But just in case baseball can pull the "in the best interest clause" the Orioles are doing their due diligence regarding compensation. If the O's are "forced" to accept MLB's decision. In the short term they take the compensation, while in the long term fighting the decision in court. On the surface this seems to me to be a pretty flimsy matter for MLB to test the "best interest clause". While it has been common practice for franchises to release employees from their contracts, violating that practice doesn't seem the same as selling off all of your players ala Charle Finley.

WHY is it in the best interest of the game to screw the O's???

Not disagreeing with any of this. Again, what do you believe the motive is for KR? Do you think he has a source that is telling him this stuff or he's just making it up?

Page hits. ;)

He doesn't give a f one way or another, whether this ALL is true or not. It's just exposure. Retweets. Page. Hits.

e: Rep whore.

I haven't commented very much on this topic. When I first saw the rumors that DD was thinking of leaving the Os to take a position in Toronto, I thought that it was somebody in the press, making it up to stir headlines.

Unlike some people, I don't worship DD. I agree with some of his moves and disagree with others. He's done a decent job with a difficult owner. But my opinion of DD will rapidly plunge if he were to suddenly take off, right in the middle of off-season to go to a division rival. It smacks of a huge conflict of interest. Now I wonder how I can trust that DD is acting in the Os best interests or in the Blue Jays' best interest? As for Angelos, he's posturing to hold out for a huge compensation if DD leaves.

Just to be clear, to that rumor Morosi responded

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I cannot confirm that report, but I was told <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a> ownership has informed MLB that Dan Duquette is their top choice for CEO job.</p>? Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

">January 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good for them! *patpatpat*

I have informed the Hangout that Diane Kruger is my top choice for my next girlfriend.

Archived