Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The TEAM... was drastically, comically, wrong with Loewen. Roch was just one of every reporter to be wrong also.

I was speaking of a specific post where Roch promised to do all manner of unpleasant things if Adam bolted. He was adament that Adam would stay. He really went overboard about it .

Then he was gone.

I love having DD as our GM and hope he is here for the duration of his contract.

That said, if DD wants this job and does not want to be here then get the best possible compensation for him and put an end to this melodrama.

I am sure Pete and his squad of lawyers could force DD to stay, not sure exactly why he would want to go that route though. While I believe DD is professional enough to not do anything overt that would hurt the team, I find it hard to believe that a person who wants to be gone is going to function and work as hard as someone who wants to be here.

Either way I would just like to see this thing put to rest. Have DD get up and say, I love the Orioles, I am flattered but I have no interest either now or while under contract with them or work out a deal that benefits the team and send him on his merry way.

How Toronto is allowed to continue this escapade is beyond me, well its MLB so its not really beyond me but it is ridiculous.

I don't know what to think anymore. I really hope Dan stays and this all blows over, but I have a feeling that MLB might really push for us to let Dan go to Toronto since it would be a "promotion".

To me its not even about that.

He either wants to be here or he does not. If he does he needs to get his butt up on a podium and put this to rest once in emphatic fashion so that it is done with.

IF he does not, sure Pete and his army of lawyers may be able to force him to stay, why would you want a guy running your team who does not want to though? Makes no sense to sideline DD by not letting him leave but letting someone else run the team. In that scenario you are now paying a guy big money for nothing. Might as well let him go and get compensated for the trouble.

It is tampering. Flat out. Nothing else. In this instance, I hope Potter is his most tenacious, lawyer self. Toronto will find out what Washington has found out. The statements that Potter made in the Sun were definitive and I heard the definite sound of the Angelos gauntlet being thrown down. If MLB thinks Angelos will just roll and do things "the way they have always been done", well, they just never have understood Angelos very well. DD has done an excellent job, but frankly he would not have a job except for the Orioles being desperate enough to take a chance on him. It is a division rival. He is much more important to the success of this team than two top prospects.

This whole thing is bull****. There. I said it. Someone had to.*

If they were trying to steal Cashman, the talking head media peanut gallery would be appalled, or at the very least, a little closer to neutral, and all of the talk would be about how letting your GM jump ship to a direct divisional competitor is insane.

Because it really is kind of sort of insane.

*Someone probably has said it, but man, that's a lot of posts to read through lol.

Duquette's silence on the matter is all telling. He could easily diffuse the situation by saying he has zero interest in joining the Jays organization and that he is the Baltimore GM and he is committed to remaining in that capacity. By not doing that it makes it perfectly clear that he wants the Toronto job and if Angelos doesn't let him leave Duquette's not going to be a very happy camper. Why would you want a GM who doesn't want to be here? Let him go.

Since Duquette arrived here I've been ecstatic. He's brought vision and direction to the organization and he's been successful. Throughout his tenure I've been one of his biggest supporters. I've even shared a few emails with him. Having said tha I think Duqurttr is screwing the hell out of us. The O's are at their most vulnerable point since the beginning of the Duquette and Showalter era. We have ten arbitration cases to settle. Some of them may require negotiations to extend contracts. A very important period in determining the future direction of the franchise. I believe we have five of the top 100 players in the upcoming draft. Another major activity that will significantly impact the O's success. And finally over half our 25 man roster are potential free agents. Perhaps the most important decisions regarding the team's future success will be made involving these free agents. Duquette couldn't have picked a worse time to jump ship if he wanted to.

It is tampering. Flat out. Nothing else. In this instance, I hope Potter is his most tenacious, lawyer self. Toronto will find out what Washington has found out. The statements that Potter made in the Sun were definitive and I heard the definite sound of the Angelos gauntlet being thrown down. If MLB thinks Angelos will just roll and do things "the way they have always been done", well, they just never have understood Angelos very well. DD has done an excellent job, but frankly he would not have a job except for the Orioles being desperate enough to take a chance on him. It is a division rival. He is much more important to the success of this team than two top prospects.

All this.

Roch's post this morning concerns me very much. Roch stating that members of the front office have described the situation as toxic is just really bad news. Pete is dug in from all appearances and DD would really like this to happen from all appearances. This is where PGA doesn't endear himself to anyone.

Yep - hence the "Potter" euphemism....as others have said, at least we can count on Buck to steer the ship through the fog until it lifts.....

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/01/more-on-machado-garcia-and-duquette.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That's a problem.

I've heard the situation described as "toxic" by more than one person in the organization.

That's also a problem.

This story still has legs. You can't run away from it.

This can't be true i was told Yesterday that Ken Rosenthal made this part up and he hated the Orioles that's why he said it. I wonder if those same people call out Roch today.

Duquette's silence on the matter is all telling. He could easily diffuse the situation by saying he has zero interest in joining the Jays organization and that he is the Baltimore GM and he is committed to remaining in that capacity. By not doing that it makes it perfectly clear that he wants the Toronto job and if Angelos doesn't let him leave Duquette's not going to be a very happy camper. Why would you want a GM who doesn't want to be here? Let him go.

Yeah Dan has shown me why who had success in Boston and Montreal was out of a job for 10 years. I would never hire him for a position if I were an owner. You sign a long term extension and then you try and get out of it right away? Why sign the extension if you don't want the job? Makes no sense to me.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>My 2 cents on Duquette to Toronto:

If/when compensation is enough, O's will say bye-bye (& should).

Get a good haul & let him go.</p>— Mark Viviano (@MarkWJZ) <a href="

">January 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived