Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Your second paragraph made me realize something... so he has all the power to squash this, right?

But since he hasn't, the Jays are still fixated, and Focused on him. An I following you so far?

So maybe him doing this I'd hurting the BJs more than the Os because maybe he knows he isn't going to Toronto, maybe he already informed Bmore of that as well. So him paying this game is hurting the BJs more than the Os because they are golfing it for something that isn't going to happen and just hitting then down the road? You ever think of it like that?

Couple errors.

To keep it simple, maybe he is just playing with the BJs to keep them focused on something that isn't happening. Therefore them not finding their actual guy in a decent amount of time. Well actually be hurting them.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone give me a summary of this thread?

Dan is under contract through 2018. Blue Jays apparently want him to be President/CEO of the company. Angelos vehemently denies that he's going to allow DD to leave. Rosenthal says negotiations about compensation have started, but no one can confirm or deny these reports. Crickets are heard from DD.

That's about it.

I'm in the camp that feels Duke should come out publicly, and put out this fire. I mean, how big of a promotion is it really? He is going to an inferior franchise. I understand it's a bigger title, and more pay, but won't he still be a glorified gm? I don't think it's fair to compare this to coaches being promoted to managers. Coaches want to manage one day, so when they get a chance they take it. A team doesn't get totally screwed if they lose the bench coach. This is our gm. The guy who builds our team. You can't just scan around the league, and pluck off any teams gm you want just because you give him a little cooler title. And again, I'm upset he wants the job. If this happened to some other gms, I don't think it plays out like this at all. People ask who wouldn't want a promotion. Is Billy Beane taking this job? Would theo? Would Cashman? No chance they stay silent. They would come out and nip this in the bud. The jays should have floated this out. Then the os should have said no thanks. Then the jays should have searched elsewhere. Then Duke should have come out and put this to bed.

Your second paragraph made me realize something... so he has all the power to squash this, right?

But since he hasn't, the Jays are still fixated, and Focused on him. An I following you so far?

So maybe him doing this I'd hurting the BJs more than the Os because maybe he knows he isn't going to Toronto, maybe he already informed Bmore of that as well. So him paying this game is hurting the BJs more than the Os because they are golfing it for something that isn't going to happen and just hitting then down the road? You ever think of it like that?

Somehow I think PA is not the kind of guy who likes to play these kind of games and answer questions over and over about his VP in the media. Its not his style

DD could squash this is 60 seconds by saying I am the Orioles VP, I want to be the Orioles VP, I am flattered that other teams are interested in me but I have no desire to be anywhere but Baltimore. I am not interested in the Toronto job whatsoever. Simple as that. Actually like 10 seconds.

The fact he has not says everything to me.

If he stays I believe he will do the best job he can moving forward just as he has in the past. My concern is how will PA view this whole thing and will it make PA feel as though he needs to be more involved or oversee what DD is doing? IF not then great and lets get back to business. If it does make Pete uncomfortable or second guess DD then this organization would be better off with someone else running the ship IMO. To me the success of the Orioles since DD got here has as much to do with PA not being overly involved as anything else.

Duquette is an employee. It's quite possible that his superiors have instructed him to have no further comment to the media on the matter until he's told he can. If I were in PA's position that's exactly what I would do.

Why? That makes zero sense.

If I were PA, I would want DD to get out there and put an end to this charade so I do not have to continually address it in the media.

There is zero benefit to PA or the Orioles for this continue if DD is still their guy.

Why? That makes zero sense.

If I were PA, I would want DD to get out there and put an end to this charade so I do not have to continually address it in the media.

There is zero benefit to PA or the Orioles for this continue if DD is still their guy.

Maybe DD's too busy trying to trade himself.

Phew! Do you think Duquette would prefer to work in Toronto this year or Baltimore?

Aren't the words contract and commitment somewhat synonymous?

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/contract?s=t

If Duquette wants out of his contract (commitment) then how in the world is he committed to his contract?

He's getting paid to do what he loves I'm not sure he is hell bent on one or the other.

And just because you might think it's a no bassinet doesn't mean that's what he wants.

You guys are right, he never said he wants to stay in Bmore but he never said he doesn't so until he does, what's the point?

And as far as contract and commitment being synonymous, isn't that what I've been saying the whole time?

Archived