Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just don't understand you and other's need to have DD publicly announce his total commitment to the O's. I think he's professional enough to do his job to the best of his abilities. I assume that. Keeping his options open for another gig though does not mean he's dogging it for us. Or that he WANTS out of the org. It's a lucrative situation in Toronto.

Honestly I could care less.

I would think the organization would rather have the focus on an excellent team that is positioned to make a run at a second consecutive division championship and potentially a WS rather than if their award winning executive is going to leave or not.

Let me put it to you this way, at work today every conversation I heard about the O's was about if DD was leaving. As an organization that is not what I want, I want it to be about how good our team is and use that to propel ticket sales.

Time for the conspiracy theory. DD wasn't involved in hiring Coolbaugh. BUCK flew to meet with Rasmus and not DD. IF Buck really went down to GA to just sign off on Rasmus then why isn't he signed. Buck was not signing off, he was negotiating. Acting as GM. Add that to the lack of moves this offseason. It just sucks that the team is coming off an ALCS appearance and has like 15 FA's for next year and this is the off season where we have dysfunction.

tinfoilhat.jpg

Just looking at the Jays roster. Would you trade Duquette for Daniel Norris, Dalton Pompey, and Jeff Hoffman?

Just curious. I think that would be a great deal.

Of course. That's dreamland though. I will be happy if we can get one of those guys.

OK, So which one do we want? Has that already been discussed in this monstrous thread? Or is that a discussion for another thread? I don't want Duquette here if he'd rather be somewhere else. I just hope Angelos can extract full value out of the Jays, which is a task he seems well suited for.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Re: Dan Duquette/Blue Jays: Ball is in the hands of TOR ownership, which knows it will take an extraordinary offer to get him from O's.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">January 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ed Rogers is the point person in the Blue Jays' pursuit of Dan Duquette, not surprisingly.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

The only people who really seem to be expecting a ton are Oriole fans. The bigger potential offer I've seen any national person say was Gammons with Jeff Hoffman, and he's just 1 prospect coming off of Tommy John surgery. I really think people need to temper their expectations so they don't blow up when the news comes out of what we got in return.

Then Toronto can go pound sand! Whether it's us plebes on a messageboard or John or Peter Angelos. We like DD. We want DD. Toronto wants him too. PAY US then if you want him so bad!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This ends one of three ways: 1. Duquette declares he wants to stay w/O's, which hasn't happened. 2. TOR turns elsewhere for good. 3. A deal.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ed Rogers is the point person in the Blue Jays' pursuit of Dan Duquette, not surprisingly.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

I remember when he was the next A-Rod.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This ends one of three ways: 1. Duquette declares he wants to stay w/O's, which hasn't happened. 2. TOR turns elsewhere for good. 3. A deal.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

Buster is quite the Captain Obvious

Archived