Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

That's how they are rated by Baseball America. Me, I'll take the top position prospect. I've seen him a few times. Nice swing. I think he's going to be very, very good. I can't argue with anyone who wants the three ahead of him but I think there is less risk with Pompey.

Fair enough. Pompey fills a need too and is Major League ready so it wouldn't be a bad option. He or Hoffman are probably the only ones on that list that we would actually have a chance to get.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd rather keep Dan and his entourage than any 3 prospects that Toronto might (wouldn't) give up. In Dan We Trust.

Really? I mean, I like Dan and all but if they're going to offer up three top prospects (which they won't, but hey, it's hypothetical), I would take that deal in a second.

I'd rather keep Dan and his entourage than any 3 prospects that Toronto might (wouldn't) give up. In Dan We Trust.

I would to so long as that relationship between him and PA has not been damaged.

If it has been then I would rather have the prospects and move on. I do not want the owner and VP at odds with one another. That is not good for this organization.

Not saying that is the case, just saying Pete is not the kinda guy who seems to appreciate these kind of things

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This ends one of three ways: 1. Duquette declares he wants to stay w/O's, which hasn't happened. 2. TOR turns elsewhere for good. 3. A deal.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="
">January 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It could end up like this Peter tells the Blue Jays to f-off. The Blue Jays hire another GM. The Orioles than fire DD for not doing his job to the fullest refuse to pay him the remaining years on his contract. No one will hire DD in MLB because they don't trust him to stick around even if he signs a contract.

It could end up like this Peter tells the Blue Jays to f-off. The Blue Jays hire another GM. The Orioles than fire DD for not doing his job to the fullest refuse to pay him the remaining years on his contract. No one will hire DD in MLB because they don't trust him to stick around even if he signs a contract.

I agree with the first 2 sentences but the rest isn't going to happen. I think DD is a little more mature than that.

So now that we have a name of the person who's been getting the media to do his dirty will we see a lawsuit for tampering?

I don't think there is a law that says you can't try to hire another companies management. That is just an MLB rule who seem to do everything in their power to screw the Orioles.

I agree with the first 2 sentences but the rest isn't going to happen. I think DD is a little more mature than that.

Well it doesn't matter what DD does or doesn't do. Peter Angelos holds grudges. Who is the guy who became the GM of the Braves who Angelos fired and refused to pay even though he had a contract?

So you are going with "committed to doing a good job" is the same as him being "committed to his contract". I'll let others decide who is being ridiculous. Again, being committed by law to his contract is not the same as saying that DD is committed to his contract. If he can get out of it, he will.

First you were saying he wasn't committed, now you're saying committed to this isn't committed to that. Give up.

I would to so long as that relationship between him and PA has not been damaged.

If it has been then I would rather have the prospects and move on. I do not want the owner and VP at odds with one another. That is not good for this organization.

Not saying that is the case, just saying Pete is not the kinda guy who seems to appreciate these kind of things

I'm not really sensing that PA is upset with DD, but rather at the Blue Jays for the way they have tried to negotiate thru the media.

Archived