Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The FAN mentioned Jim Duquette as a possible return to the Orioles as GM. I don't think so, but I do believe his cousin's refusal to put this fire out has stuck a fork in his Orioles tenure. Ashame. He was becoming royalty in BMore. In Toronto he will be just another GM with a big budget.

No way. He has basically trashed repeatedly Angelos for meddling on the MLB channel. Better chance of Wren coming back. And there is no chance of that.

Not sure why we have a list of potential GM's when apparently we are not negotiating and DD cannot go anywhere unless we let him :scratchchinhmm:

I will say that list makes Brady Anderson look more and more attractive as the next GM....Colleti? Minaya? Ugh

Didn't say I would like it ;) I think we should raid another front office instead. MLB will surely help facilitate this.

Oh I could live with that to.

Given the choice of Towers, Minaya, Colleti, Malone or McPhail.....I would take him in a heartbeat.

Since the title here is VP level we should be able to poach any GM who is simply just a GM right ? :rofl:

Given the choice of Towers, Minaya, Colleti, Malone or McPhail.....I would take him in a heartbeat.

Since the title here is VP level we should be able to poach any GM who is simply just a GM right ? :rofl:

Get Pompey or Hoffman, hire AM - interesting turn of events, but I would take it.

Billy Beane, come on down. :D

ETA Brian Cashman is only a Senior VP, give him Executive VP.

We agree here.

At the end of the day I think we are simply waiting to see how much PA can get out of the BJ's for DD

Even if DD wanted the job and PA was not going to let him go, DD is not best served by being quiet. It serves him better to look like the dedicated, honor bound executive who wanted to stay than a malcontent who did not want to stay but was forced to by contract. The fact he is quiet to this point indicates to me that there probably are some backdoor negotiations going on.

If PA has decided he wants a VP of Baseball Operations who wants to be here rather than a guy who will be lamenting a missed opportunity then I really respect PA for taking that approach and I am glad he is gonna bend the BJ's over the barrel before it goes down.

This could be the case. I think we agree that it's a mess either way. I'm not looking forward to watching it play out.

Archived