Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

That's what they do. That's what they all want to do. It would be like saying a ballplayer is being selfish by trying to be better than everyone else. lol

No kidding. If he had reported the Blue Jays had requested to interview Duquette, then he's doing his job and it wouldn't bother me. By being complicit in manufacturing this story, instead of simply reporting, then he is a very small man, and I'm not simply referring to his 5' 3" height. Don't think for a minute that he isn't enjoying putting the screws to Angelos and the team through all of this.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two points:

1) Jim Duquette on 1057 The Fan said that the players union would never allow major league players to be traded for a front office executive. Apparently this area has been tried before. So it would have to prospects not on the 40 man roster.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/01/15/sports-rehab-jim-duquette-talking-orioles-baseball/

2) Second Scott Stinson who writes for the National Post was on 1057 and has an article which says its hard to pin down who in the Rogers Communication Company has made any calls to inquire about both Ken Williams and Dan Duquette. He says Paul Beeston is not involved with the search. He also says that GM Alex Anthopoulos would not want a baseball VP of Operations in the CEO's job above him. Which bring into question whether Duquette would really replace Beeston as President or be a replacement for the GM. So who is making these calls is very much an unknown. Which brings into question who is communicating with MLB that Duquette is the Jays top choice. It all sounds pretty fishy.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/01/14/toronto-blue-jays-president-paul-beeston-could-be-on-the-way-out-but-no-one-told-him-that/

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/01/16/scott-stinson-says-the-dan-duquette-situation-is-a-grand-mystery/

Never thought about the second point. Really interesting. I wonder who is making that call?

This is the ultimate "Kill the messenger". You guys actually believe this wouldn't be happening if Ken Rosenthal didn't exist, as if he orchestrated the whole thing. He told the Jays to go after Duquette. He told Duquette to want the job. He did all of this to further his "inside status". This is one powerful dude! Funny stuff.

It would be happening, but we wouldn't know about it. Sometimes, ignorance really is bliss.

This is the ultimate "Kill the messenger". You guys actually believe this wouldn't be happening if Ken Rosenthal didn't exist, as if he orchestrated the whole thing. He told the Jays to go after Duquette. He told Duquette to want the job. He did all of this to further his "inside status". This is one powerful dude! Funny stuff.

Nice strawman, but like all of them easily dismissed. Ken didn't orchestrate it, Toronto leaked it to him. You said yourself they all want to do this. LOL

There were none until this story was leaked.

My contention is Toronto let Rosenthal in on this story before speaking to Orioles management. If I were to put aside Rosenthal's long history of taking pot shots at the team and in particular Peter Angelos, going back to his days at the local paper, I'd say he did this for a few reasons. Primarily, of course, he did it for the self-serving attention, be it on MLB Network, or his foxsports column, or his twitter page. Ken wants to further bolster his "insider" status by breaking a story ahead of the pack. This keeps him gainfully employed and valuable on MLB, where guys like Harold "Peanut" Reynolds can flatter him over and over.

Roch quoted his sources not Ken Rosenthal. He works for freaking MASN. I get the issue with Rosenthal, but I think some of you guys are making way too much out of it. It's a story and a fairly big one at that.

This offseason has been pretty sucky. I'm not a big promoter of wasting money on free agents, but this offseason has been one of the most boring in terms of player acquisition and now the only "excitement" is this Blue Jay crud. Pretty much stinks.

Roch quoted his sources not Ken Rosenthal. He works for freaking MASN. I get the issue with Rosenthal, but I think some of you guys are making way too much out of it. It's a story and a fairly big one at that.

It's also dead news time for baseball. There's not a whole lot to talk about and it seems like the Rogers' family/group are your stereotypical megalomaniac type owner(s).

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we'd all like to see a Gary Kubiak-esque statement from DD to put this to bed!

Which would be ironic because I think there's still a good chance that Kubiak ends up in Denver!

Jim D on mlbradio said he thought that DD really wanted to spend the money on Cruz and got squashed. I wonder if that was part of what set things in motion.

Chicago Cubs

Carpenter was called up to the majors for the first time with the Chicago Cubs on June 14, 2011.[1] He made his debut that day against the Milwaukee Brewers, pitching two-thirds of an inning with one strikeout.

Boston Red Sox

Carpenter was dealt to the Boston Red Sox on February 21, 2012 as compensation for the Cubs hiring then-Boston General Manager Theo Epstein.[2]

Carpenter was designated for assignment on January 22, 2013 to the Pawtucket Red Sox to make room for newly signed Mike Napoli.[3]

By the way Jim Duquette was wrong on no MLB players can be traded.

What was manufactured? That sounds like he made stuff up.

It shouldn't have been a story at all before the Orioles were contacted. This unnecessarily put the Orioles on the defensive having to respond to it. Once the rumor was out there, it manufactured a problem in the front office.

Archived